Registered Nurse/RN-Hospice at Signature Hospice
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Blackfoot, Idaho
Full-Time Hospice Registered Nurse/RN
Access Hospice - 131 N Oak St - Blackfoot, Idaho 83221
Signature Team Video - Click Here!
The Hospice Registered Nurse/RN plans, organizes and directs hospice care. The ideal candidate is an experienced nurse with an emphasis on community health education.
* Complete initial, comprehensive and ongoing assessments of patient and family to determine hospice needs.
* Develop a plan of care that establishes goals, incorporating palliative nursing actions, and including the patient and family in the planning process.
* Provide direct patient nursing care, including preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
* Administer prescribed medications and treatments, and assist the patient with ADL s, facilitating the patient s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optimal comfort care.
* Supervise ancillary personnel and delegate appropriate responsibilities.
* Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
* Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state.
* Current CPR Certification.
* Minimum 2 years nursing experience.
* Minimum 1 year nursing experience in public health, home care or hospice preferred.
* Must have a valid driver s license and current automobile insurance.
* Understand philosophy of hospice concept and the needs of the terminally ill.
* Must possess the ability to work independently without supervision; must be a self-starter and use good judgment in difficult situations.
* Possess personal sensitivity to the needs and experiences of others and a non-judgmental attitude towards persons of differing standards, values, lifestyles and ages.
* Willing to be on call and place client s needs first.
Signature Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer