Outreach & Evening Librarian at McDaniel College
Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Recruitology
Location: WESTMINSTER, MarylandJob Description:
Reporting to the Library Director, the Outreach & Evening Librarian is responsible for coordinating the library's outreach activities and liaison support for academic departments. Additionally, the Librarian will:
- Provide evening reference services and ensures oversight of library operations in the evening (typical schedule is 1pm-9pm Sunday through Thursday).
- Provide instruction on the use and interpretation of information resources.
- Participate in professional organizations and takes part in college academic activities.
- Participate as a member of the leadership team working closely with the Library Director to advance the mission and goals of the Hoover Library.
- ALA accredited Master's Degree in Library or Information Science by August 2018
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for information literacy instruction and providing interdisciplinary liaison activities, especially working with faculty and providing personalized research support for students
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to provide well-reasoned analysis using appropriate resources and developing reports to support conclusions
- A strong commitment to library service excellence demonstrated by responsiveness to diverse patron needs and desire to find solutions to issues that arise
- Demonstrated ability to work in a strongly collaborative environment and fit into the cross-functional nature and close-knit community at a small liberal arts college including experience on successful team projects and well-developed relationship building skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to calmly manage multiple tasks and commitments in an effective and timely manner, and successfully lead and complete a wide scope of projects
- Ability to thrive in a culture of experimentation where learning new ideas, delving into assessment and ongoing self-improvement are encouraged
- Commitment to the use of innovative technologies demonstrated through past projects utilizing best methods to achieve a goal
- Commitment to professional development and service
- Experience with information literacy instruction
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Suite's Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or similar, with willingness to learn Adobe Suite
- Demonstrated experience with social media as a promotional tool
- Experience with library outreach and/or liaison activities
- Experience providing reference services in an academic library
Physical Characteristics: This position requires sitting for long periods of time, as well as some bending and stooping when working with files. Must be capable of lifting boxes and/or pushing carts of 25 lbs on a regular basis; must minimize exposure to paper/book dust, molds, and vapors from library mending and cleaning products through the use of protective masks and gloves when necessary. Quite a bit of finger/hand dexterity is involved in regard to typing and/or filing. The overall setting of the job is in an area conducive to a normal office environment with minimal exposure to adverse conditions.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, a CV, and the names and contact information of three professional references using the following link: https://employment.mcdaniel.edu/. Only applications submitted through this link will be accepted. Review of applications begins February 26 and will continue until position is filled.
McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status or any other legally protected status.