Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: collegeville, Pennsylvania
Position Title: In vivo Sr. Scientist or Scientist - Immuno-Oncology
Working Location: Pennsylvania
Employment Status: Full time
Required Experience: 3 years
Required Education: Bachelors
Travel Required: 0%
GSK Oncology R&D prioritizes research in key areas that may offer new hope for discovering medicines that can help patients living with cancer. With this goal in mind, our scientists are focused on trying to answer today's important questions in Immuno-Oncology and use combinations that might be of therapeutic advantage.
- How can we harness the body's own immune system to attack cancer?
- Which drug combinations may have the potential to reduce treatment resistance and help to provide durable activity?
The GSK Immuno-Oncology & Combinations Discovery Performance Unit is seeking a highly motivated in vivo scientist to conduct pre-clinical cancer research.
This position will require a dedicated in vivo effort to evaluate efficacy and PD of cancer immunotherapies in murine tumor models. Sterile tissue culture and processing of tissues for downstream assays will be required. The qualifying individual will be self motivated and flexible to learn and apply new techniques both independently and within a matrix team. Positive interpersonal and clear communication skills with accurate record keeping are necessary.
• BS/MS in immunology or related field with 3+ years in vivo experience in academia or industry environment.
• Proficient mouse handling and dosing skills enabling the ability to independently conduct mouse models assessing tumor growth and immune response.
• Excellent aseptic tissue culture technique with human and murine primary cells and cancer cell lines.
• Experience with cell biology techniques e.g. IHC, western blotting, flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, and ex vivo tissue processing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.