Day Shift Facilities Process Leader at Mars, Incorporated
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Flowery Branch, Georgia
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
The Facilities Process Leader is responsible for ownership and effectiveness of site sustainability, optimization of facilities equipment and execution of facilities based capital projects. The facilities organization owns every aspect of the facility including the property, the building, parking lots and utilities. The Gainesville plant is one of the largest plants in all of Mars, encompassing 500,000 sq. ft of manufacturing space to provide the world's best chewing gum.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (each item should account for 10% or more)
• Own both short term and longer term plans to improve the sustainability of the site (including projects to reduce electricity, water and natural gas)
• Complete reports for and represent the plant on the North America regional sustainability team
• Effectively execute capital projects for site improvements
• Help build technical skills (including AM and PM) of other facilities team members
• Communicate issues across the manufacturing site and across shifts
• Partner with the other members of the facilities team to improve, centerline and optimize facilities owned equipment (HVAC, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air compressors, etc)
• Lead TPM teams on facilities owned equipment
• Works with the Facilities Leader and team to ensure that all Departmental metrics are achieved.
• Lead and champion sustainability across the site (not only for equipment, but also for ways of working, procedures etc.) Drive sustainability excitement into all levels of the organization. This will include site wide initiatives and regular programs
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY, RECOMMENDATIONS AND IMPACT
• Recommends the appropriate course of action for site sustainability and drives site plans
• Owns integrity of sustainability data systems and utility metering
• Manage and execute capital projects related to sustainability and facilities improvements
• Partners with global sustainability teams to reapply ideas
• Recommends sustainability improvements and facilities equipment efficiency improvements and follows through as appropriate on projects to execute the improvements.
• High School Diploma coupled with 5+ years of industrial manufacturing experience in:
mechanical maintenance or control systems/electrical maintenance or facility
maintenance or operations/maintenance combination role
• 2 year associates degree in a technical field or a 4 year engineering degree
Preferred: 2 year associates degree in a technical field (for example: mechanical engineering technology) or a 4 year engineering degree
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to influence others to achieve a common goal
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Proficient with interpreting P&ID diagrams and equipment manuals on utilities equipment
• Three years of experience in equipment installation projects or facilities projects
• Experience in a manufacturing environment with food products or consumer products
• Experience with installation of air compressors, HVAC, chillers or boilers
• Experience with industrial sustainability or energy savings projects
Team work and collaboration with associates of all levels and functions
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Problem Solving Expert (be able to articulate tools/methods used - PDCA, 6 sigma, DMAIC, etc.)
Ability to apply engineering principles to real world problems
Ability to manage multiple projects and technical areas concurrently
Ability to walk 1.5 miles a day within the facility
Ability to climb ladders and lift items weighing 40 pounds
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.