Business Development Manager (Municipalities) at American Tower Corporation
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Irving, Texas
The Business Development Manager – Municipalities develops and executes a strategic plan for securing ideal real estate for the right to install wireless technology infrastructure. The incumbent collaborates with the Sales team to pursue rights-of-way and other real estate aimed at addressing the needs of wireless service providers. The Manager initiates and establishes partnerships across the United States primarily with municipalities and secondarily with private property owners. The incumbent will play an active role representing the Company within key municipal and property owner organizations, to both position the Company as a thought leader and drive long-term opportunity.
- Research and identify potential real estate opportunities to align with the Company’s business plan.
- Successfully negotiate new Right-of-Way and License Agreements, and other similar authorizations as needed in accordance with Company standards and parameters. In so doing, represent the Company before local agencies, jurisdictional officials, and city councils.
- Successfully re-negotiate existing agreements or authorizations where applicable.
- Establish and foster excellent working relationships with all parties involved in potential real estate opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and vendors to understand Company processes and business parameters and how products are designed, built, and operated.
- Analyze potential real estate transactions to determine whether they meet the Company’s goals and objectives.
- Partner with the Marketing organization on the development and implementation of campaigns aimed at municipalities and property owners.
Other duties as assigned
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different levels of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration in Real Estate, Planning, or Business preferred
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in account management, real estate, or sales focused on municipalities required.
- Experience negotiating rights-of-way or real estate agreements with municipalities for wireless telecommunications facilities strongly preferred.
Approximately 50% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 50% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.