Field Coordinator at Boise State
Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boise, Idaho
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://go.boisestate.edu/join-our-team/ .
Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Please visit http://hrs.boisestate.edu/resources/eeoaa/ for more information. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
The Field Coordinator assists the field director with overseeing the educational programs for the School of Social Work, which includes the online program. This position will be responsible for online students and also teach field seminars and serve as a field liaison with the students assigned to the seminars. The Field Coordinator will also assist with recruitment and screening of agencies for internships and training of field instructors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure approval for agency/school agreements.
- Maintain a field education database to ensure accurate and current program information.
- Create and update field forms and practicum manuals.
- Participate in the assessment of the Field Education Program for compliance with Council on Social Work programs.
- Assist the MSW Program Coordinators in implementation of curriculum changes and meeting accreditation standards relating to field program.
- Assist with coordinating field work linking of student/liaison/field instructor for online MSW practicum students and assist with placement of practicum students on main campus (Boise).
- Oversee placement of students, learning agreements, and performance evaluations of students.
- Alert the School of Social Work Field Education Director regarding student and agency concerns.
- Evaluate the quality of agency practicum placements.
- Serve on assigned School of Social Work committees. (e.g. Field) Develop social work internship, field practicum placements.
- Assist with coordinating an Annual Field Fair and a Field Instructor Orientation.
- Assist with coordinating/arranging or assisting in the development of off-site field instruction when no qualified field instructor is available in the field placing agency.
- Provide ongoing recruitment and training regarding field placement policies and requirements for practicum field instructors.
- Conduct student pre-placement planning conferences for field practicum.
- Develop and monitor practicum placements with ongoing assessment of agencies, field instructors, and student learning contracts in conjunction with Faculty Field liaisons.
- Communicate with the Field Education Director and the Program Coordinators regarding student progress in field practicum.
- Advise, counsel and engage in problem-solving with faculty liaisons and/or students regarding field issues and challenges.
- Trouble-shoot and mediate questions and concerns from agency heads, field instructors, task supervisors and students.
- Assist with the development/coordination of in-service instruction and training for field instructors and social work faculty, e.g., supervision, ethics, contracting and learning agreements, etc.
- Provide support to faculty teaching the integrative seminar and functioning as Faculty Liaison.
- Teach two sections of online and/or face-to-face integrative seminars as part of faculty liaison role to field agency practicum during each semester it is offered (Spring, Summer, Fall).
- Or, teach any combination of two courses each semester, which could include a field seminar, elective, or core course.
- Master's degree in Social Work and three years' relevant experience.
- Experience working with students in field setting.
- Strong level of experience with online programs and comfort with virtual relationships.
- Experience using Blackboard.
- Experience collaborating via online video.
- Licensed Master Social Worker; or Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Thorough knowledge of the social work profession including social work ethics.
- Knowledge of Council of Social Work Education EPAS standards.
- Knowledge of database entry and documentation.
- Ability to use computer software: Excel, Word, Intern Placement Tracking (IPT).
- Knowledge of online delivery of social work education.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of online E-relationships and how to foster student relationships via online delivery.
- Experience training students and field instructors.
Salary & Benefits: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a professional staff position at Boise State University and offers an excellent benefits package for eligible employees. For more information, please visit http://hrs.boisestate.edu/careers/benefits.
Required Application Materials: Please attach to your online application a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position. Attach a resume that includes employment history (and dates of employment).
IMPORTANT: A ll requested application materials MUST be attached by the application deadline . Applications that do not contain all requested attachments will not be considered . Here are instructions for verifying that your materials are attached.
Application Deadline: Please submit your application and all required application materials by 11:59pm on March 1, 2018.
Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/ .