Lead Food Service Supervisor - Seminole County Jail - Sanford, FL at Trinity Services Group Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sanford, Florida
Independently performs a variety of assigned kitchen duties, and/or instructs inmate labor/team members in preparation, and serving of correctional facility meals. Provides guidance, direction, and instruction to less experienced Food Service Supervisors and inmates.
Essential Job Functions
- Independently prepares, assists, or instructs inmate labor/team members in the preparation of a variety of food items in accordance with departmental work production standards, standardized recipes, and Institution work instructions.
- Will be required to handle production paperwork and/or sanitation paperwork essential to be in compliance with facility procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring the cleaning and maintenance of all food service equipment and work areas is completed; confirm proper safety and sanitation practices are being followed.
- Follows prescribed institution requirements in all preparation, oversight, and serving of correctional facility meals
- Follows assigned institution housekeeping and safety practices as instructed.
- Stores food and supplies in accordance with instructions.
- Performs in high volume food production facilities preparing food for large groups.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to motivate and supervise inmates and/or team members to attain quality and quantity of food production in a correctional work environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and tact
- Must qualify for and maintain correctional facility security clearance
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least two (2) years prior food service experience is preferred
- Prior institutional food service or restaurant experience is a plus
MUST BE ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREEN
Trinity Services Group is one of the leading providers of correctional food service in the nation. With our more than 40 years in the industry, our combined operations serve over 300,000 inmates daily in over 40 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S.Virgin Islands.
Job Preview Video
Food Services -
Satisfying Customers with Integrity and Innovation for over 40 years!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.