Sr Events Marketing Manager at Gartner, Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Irving, Texas
Responsible for formulation of marketing strategy & supervision of marketing activities to achieve Summit revenue goals and oversee key global initiatives based on core marketing objectives
- Work to develop marketing strategy by independently selecting methods to address problems when necessary for Global Summit events to meet aggressive attendance and revenue goals
- Act as global lead for signature summit and the point of contact with all stakeholders including PM's, marketing managers and digital;
- Lead a number of strategic global marketing projects for the team based on core marketing objectives
- Plays a significant role in training and mentoring of associates
- Assist with management of the marketing budget for each event, including full breakdown of spend and accurate monthly forecasting
- Work to develop marketing plans; ensuring timely and effective implementation of these campaigns; track response and adjust strategy as needed to ensure goals are met
- Execute end to end marketing multi-channel campaigns encompassing e-mail, direct mail, web, search telemarketing, advertising and internal field awareness
- Work with Director of Database Management to identify appropriate list vendors, rent lists, and manage their use, ensuring lawful usage and proper suppressions
- Develop database and direct marketing campaign strategies, including: schedules, budget, audience segmentation, messaging/positioning, channel and touch strategies and creative execution
- Full on strategic partnerships with associations and media partners
- Manage external creative support staff in the development of print and/or electronic communications.
- Analyze and report results of marketing campaigns for response efficacy, best practices and profitability
- Perform post event analysis and use to inform and improve following year marketing plans
- Proactively develop and implement sponsor marketing campaign working closely with Global Sponsorship Marketing Director and the North America sponsor sales team, providing extra support as needed
- Work with Gartner Sales team to effectively promote events within and through the field/internal sales force
- Work with event logistics team to ensure consistency of branding and look and feel onsite
- Keep abreast of marketing trends and industry developments
- Present new ideas and initiatives to improve campaigns and deliver maximum results
- Undergraduate degree in marketing or equivalent.
- 6+ years experience in Marketing, with direct experience in event promotion and/or business to business environment.
- Solid digital marketing experience ideally using a marketing automation platform.
- Experience of mapping customer journeys and using persona marketing within your campaigns.
- Experience in Direct marketing, email marketing, list management.
- Experience with fundamental principles of design, copywriting/editing.
- Understanding of the IT industry and key market forces
- Project and time management skills.
- Financial/budget experience.
- Ability to excel in a complex, fast paced work environment
Job ID 00018528