Maintenance Supervisor - Stockton, CA at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Stockton, California
Job ID: 123429
Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
This position will report to the Plant Manager and will supervise and coordinate activities of the maintenance technicians. Engage in safely diagnosing and repairing plant equipment and physical structures of the building. The role will also coordinate all activities in the maintenance department regarding preventive/ predictive maintenance, installations, and modifications, to ensure all equipment is maintained in safe, efficient operating condition.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure safety of all employees and contractors working in operating unit or department by driving continuous improvement towards a Culture of Safety. This includes supporting all corporate safety programs; developing and utilizing VOP’s, identifying and eliminating hazards, and enforcing all safety rules
- Responsible for overall maintenance systems within the facility, which include: predictive and preventative maintenance programs for plant equipment and all rolling stock, developing and maintaining MRO and critical spares inventory, routine equipment troubleshooting, and repairs and small-scale metal fabrication work that maximize operational efficiency and asset reliability
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining work request/work order system for the facility across maintenance and production teams
- Direct maintenance team members in troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of equipment, simple shop fabrication of forms and mold repairs
- Request tools, equipment, supplies and services necessary for repairs and maintenance
- Inspect completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards
- Communicate company policies to employees
- Develop, train, and enforces safety regulations
- Implement changes in working conditions and use of equipment (includes training of personnel) to increase and improve efficiency, proficiency, and safety
- Develop self and staff to ensure personal and professional growth
- Manage inventory of spares and critical spares according to site business plan
- Lead or facilitate the development and implementation of various continuous improvement projects or processes that improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product
- Ensure fabrication and maintenance of molds and related equipment is properly done
- Perform other duties as necessary
Education / Experience
- At least 5 years of industrial maintenance experience including hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Associates Degree in related field is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of plant electrical and mechanical equipment, operations and predictive/preventative maintenance systems
- Knowledge of the correct application of systems and processes that ensure continuous improvement (safety, environmental, maintenance, quality and manufacturing)
- Knowledge of manufacturing process and improvement process
- Knowledge of medium and high voltage systems
- Knowledge of safety and environmental requirements
- Knowledge of current management and supervisory techniques
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Skilled in reading and interpreting blueprints
- Strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to implement change
- Ability to use computer and programs with reasonable proficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Bilingual is a plus
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Industrial plant environment
- Frequent walking/standing (6+ hrs/day)
- Frequent lifting (up to 10 lbs)
- Infrequent lifting (up to 25 lbs)
- Max lift (up to 40 lbs)
- Frequent climbing of ladders
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network. #CAN #CBP