Process Engineer - Branford, FL at Preferred Materials Inc
Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Branford, Florida
Job ID: 127251
Suwannee American Cement, LLC., part of Oldcastle Materials, is a world-class operation based in Branford, Florida. Since 2003, we have been manufacturing high-quality cement for the Florida and Southern Georgia construction markets. We are recognized as an industry leader in producing high-quality cement, adopting sustainable practices and reducing the environmental impact of the cement production process. Suwannee American Cement has successful, ongoing initiatives focused on quality, the environment and its employees. SAC invests in the training and professional development of its employees and is committed to making its products within the framework and philosophy of environmental responsibility. We promote a strong safety culture, and have dedicated professionals who are focused on their own safety and the safety of their co-workers.
The Process Engineer is responsible for the operational improvements of all aspects of the Plant production including computer applications for process controls. The successful candidate will be able to improve industrial processes in order to improve efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximize profitability.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Analyze operations of the Plant and make recommendations for process improvement including Cost/Benefit Analysis.
- Develop process control automation and computer applications for process control.
- Prepare reports on the process of operating efficiencies and failure investigation tests.
- Perform tests on operating plant systems to determine the efficiencies of the equipment.
- Provide assistance to management in maintain the Plant within environmental and quality performance regulations.
- Perform audits and involved with month-end activity reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works closely with the equipment suppliers, plant staff and Process Area Teams to ensure the successful operation of the plant.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering, or other related discipline and/or equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 5+ years direct experience in a cement or similar manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering fundamentals and proficiency in Microsoft Office, PLC, SAP, TIS and AutoCAD.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong commitment to safety and have experience contributing to a positive, employee oriented culture
- Knowledge and understanding of functional areas within the company. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Project management skills.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exemplary oral/written communication skills.
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus. Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and ability to present themselves professionally.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Moderate travel required; must be willing to work in or travel to other locations as needed. Must be available as needed during non-traditional work hours.
- Must be able to work independently and with groups. Must be able to work under time constraints as needed.
- Ability to communicate with civic leaders and local, state, and national policy makers.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Suwannee American Cement, LLC is a part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., the third-largest aggregates and ready mixed concrete producer, and the number one asphalt producer in the United States. The South Division consists of three regions: Appalachian Materials, Midsouth Materials & Preferred Materials. Companies operate in the states of Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, with limited operations in Georgia and South Carolina.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, South Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Divisions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.