Project Manager - Branford, FL at Preferred Materials Inc
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Branford, Florida
Job ID: 127311
Suwannee American Cement, LLC., part of Oldcastle Materials, is a world-class operation based in Branford, Florida. Since 2003, we have been manufacturing high-quality cement for the Florida and Southern Georgia construction markets. We are recognized as an industry leader in producing high-quality cement, adopting sustainable practices and reducing the environmental impact of the cement production process. Suwannee American Cement has successful, ongoing initiatives focused on quality, the environment and its employees. SAC invests in the training and professional development of its employees and is committed to making its products within the framework and philosophy of environmental responsibility. We promote a strong safety culture, and have dedicated professionals who are focused on their own safety and the safety of their co-workers.
Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of projects within area of assigned responsibility. Ensures goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Performs the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Effectively defines the project scope and strategy in conjunction with end users
- Reviews project proposal to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign responsibilities and scope of authority
- Develops and maintains a schedule, budget, and scope for assigned projects.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Prepares project reports for management.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Engages with project clients, and other stakeholders until the closure of project
- Coordinates project activities with governmental/regulatory agencies
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages.
- Develops and controls contracts and purchasing agreements related to project work
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases
- Interfaces with others in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database
- Analyzes completed projects to compare costs and determine discrepancies
- Technical and supervisory assistance in plant maintenance department emergencies, shutdown planning and maintenance strategies
- Trains and help to develop plant maintenance staff, including supervisors and managers
- Manages all SAP functions below the Director`s approval level including, PR’s, PO’s, Service Receipts and all AP issues
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering, or other related discipline and/or equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Minimum five years of related experience preferably in heavy manufacturing or cement industries
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, AutoCAD)
- Knowledge and understanding of functional areas within the company. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Project management skills.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exemplary oral/written communication skills.
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and ability to present themselves professionally.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Moderate travel required; must be willing to work in or travel to other locations as needed. Must be available as needed during non-traditional work hours.
- Must be able to work independently and with groups. Must be able to work under time constraints as needed.
- Ability to communicate with civic leaders and local, state, and national policy makers.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Suwannee American Cement, LLC is a part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., the third-largest aggregates and ready mixed concrete producer, and the number one asphalt producer in the United States. The South Division consists of three regions: Appalachian Materials, Midsouth Materials & Preferred Materials. Companies operate in the states of Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, with limited operations in Georgia and South Carolina.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, South Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Divisions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.