Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Assist and consult with patients over the telephone, answering health questions and determining care needed, assess situations and refer to proper healthcare provider, clinic or emergency room.
Location: 1200 Binz, Houston, Texas
Status; Full time
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction.
2. Adheres to broad scope of practice as established by Nurse Practice Act.
3. Assist and consult with patients over the phone
4. Prioritizes, synthesizes and documents assessments and nursing plan of care using critical thinking and judgment.
5. Communicates effectively with patients and healthcare providers, as necessary
6. Exercises judgment while coordinating care and referring patients to agencies or health care professionals for other services/transitions in care where indicated.
7. Performs telephone triage using best practice guidelines and documentation to ensure patients receive the right level of care in the right setting at the right time by the right caregiver using the right equipment and supplies.
8. Acts as a patient and healthcare advocate by maintaining a safe environment and promoting quality healthcare and services.
9. Respects and maintains privacy and confidentiality per HIPPA guidelines.
10. Adheres to standards of practice for professional nursing.
11. Acts as a clinical and leadership resource for team members.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Current state of Texas Registered Nurse licensure.
Uses typical office equipment.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certified preferred
Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited nursing school with two years nursing experience; OR Nursing Diploma (3 year program) and three years nursing experience; OR Associates degree in nursing from an accredited nursing school with four years nursing experience.
2 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
3 years of experience with a Nursing Diploma (3 year program)
4 years of experience with an Associate's Degree in Nursing
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215