UTILITY/MACHINE OPERATOR at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dudley, North Carolina
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Utility/Machine Operator – Dudley, NC - Lumber Mill
Georgia-Pacific is looking for motivated individuals to join our team as Utility/Machine Operators in Dudley, NC. This role supports machine operators by operating lumber production equipment including automated saws, scanners, bundlers, and associated transfer & handling equipment. You will also help to meet production goals and ensure a safe work environment. If you are a safety-oriented person with a commitment to attendance excellence, we look forward to hearing from you!
Our Lumber mill in Dudley, NC manufactures dimensional lumber of superior quality in order to meet the demanding needs of builders. This lumber is a strong, affordable, and durable softwood that is excellent for pressure treating, light frame construction, general utility framing, studs, bracing, blocking, pallets, crating, rafters and floor and roof trusses. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Learning to operate various machines throughout the mill
- Making minor repairs to ensure machines function properly
- Completing and maintaining all daily inspections and downtime reports
- Removing bark and sawdust as well as blowing debris from machines
What You Will Need:
- Six (6) months or more of experience working with hand tools or operating production equipment or machinery
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to perform tasks including lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in lumber and wood products
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf