A/R, Credit and Collections Specialist - construction - Raleigh, NC at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Job ID: 129927
Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
- The Credit and Collections Specialist is responsible for coordinating departmental credit and collection activities; working closely with senior team members, collection agencies and attorneys to establish, monitor and ensure compliance with collection laws and collection policies.
- This person must be able to initiate, maintain and grow solid relationships with our Supply Chain, Sales, and Finance teams to assess existing processes and procedures for improvement opportunities related to account management to minimize operational risk while improving cash flow for Oldcastle.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have an advanced working knowledge of credit and collection concepts pertaining to B2B credit and collections within the construction arena.
- Additionally this individual must have strong analytical skills and superb communication and customer service skills.
Responsibilities- include but are not limited to-
- Credit and Compliance
- Key support function for senior credit leadership to drive policy & procedures for the precast business.
- Oversee activities as it pertains to credit application processing, invoicing, and master file customer administration.
- Drive credit and AR related activities for the precast division in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations about credit policies and procedures to ensure they meet longterm
- Credit Assessment
- Oversee activities as it pertains to credit analysis, credit line approval and maintenance.
- Granting of terms and monitoring of accounts.
- Reserve assessments and recommendations.
- Risk Management
- Makes recommendations about collection policies and procedures to ensure they are necessary and meet the company’s longterm
- Drive collection activities for the precast division in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum 3+ years related experience
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
** Credit/ Collections experience a plus
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.