Operations Manager - 1st Shift at Jacobson Warehouse
Posted in Aviation/Aerospace 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lathrop, California
1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 5:30pm
Work with the best. Drive your own success.
XPO Logistics, a global leader in logistics, is looking for a highly skilled professional who can guide 2-5 supervisors to get the best out of their team. At XPO, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of. When you join us, you’ll discover that it’s more than a better job. It’s a better life.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Communicate with customers, vendors and operations to ensure customer commitments are met
- Establish procedures for maintaining overall company quality objectives
- Provide guidance to supervisors with respect to personnel, quality and safety
- Hire, train, develop, and appraise staff effectively
- Make recommendations to the Facility Manager on programs to improve operations
- Manage equipment and coordinate all maintenance needs with the maintenance team
- Ensure all records/reports are completed on time and maintained appropriately
- Adhere to and enforce all safe work practices, ensuring the warehouse is compliant with OSHA and other appropriate standards
- Demonstrate an understanding of XPO Supply Chain quality policy
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10 years of broad technical supply chain experience including 5 years in operations within the distribution logistics field
- Six Sigma knowledge and experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, warehouse management and database systems
- Able to communicate with all levels of an organization from hourly associates to senior management and customer contacts
- Proven ability to multitask, set and manage priorities based on customer requirements
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience in AS9100 or ISO environment
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.