Mixer Truck Driver Trainee at Pennsy Supply, Inc
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Postal/Zip Code: 17104
Pennsy Supply, part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., a division of Oldcastle, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States. Our operations span the nation from Montana to Texas and from Washington to Florida, with 17,500 employees at more than 1,200 locations in 44 states.
A mixer truck driver trainee position will be no more than 6 weeks in length and will prepare the employee to obtain a CDL class B license. Additionally, trainees will learn the skills necessary to operate a truck equipped with concrete mixer to deliver ready mix concrete to job sites and perform specific customer service tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for own personal safety at all times as well as maintain the highest standard of safety and quality in all aspects of the job.
- Practice proper procedure to be able to ingress and degress truck by navigating 2 steps with grab bars present
- Learn the skills necessary to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment
- Operate ready mix concrete truck for training purposes in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws.
- Frequently climb 8-12 foot ladder to learn how to ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner.
- Handle 50 pound mixer chutes safely, and dump slurry as required for training purposes
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
- Maintain operator logs, forms and records in accordance with company policy and DOT regulations.
- Complete written reports of problems or necessary repairs for training purposes.
- Learn to safely maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Learn ways to assure product quality to the best of the Driver's ability before leaving plants and in route to jobsites.
- Learn to maintain a clean mixer truck, inside and out, to insure safety and operational excellence, by washing truck, to clean off excess concrete on the truck, fins or in the hopper throughout the day.
- Successfully complete Smith Driver training program
- Pass the state permit test and obtain a drivers permit for CDL license
- And posses a current DOT physical card
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, customers, and the general public at all times.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time,
- Strict adherence to the Pennsy Supply, Inc. Safety Manual.
- Strict adherence to the Pennsy Supply, Inc. policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school Diploma or equivalent
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients another employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions; ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Ability to handle stressful situations when dealing with traffic, meeting scheduled customer service demands and handling on the job customer complaints which making deliveries.
Drivers License & Medical Card:
The employee is required to possess a CDL class B permit.
Not translated in selected language)
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE / M / F / Vet / Disability
Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.