Accounts Payable Specialist at First Data Corporation
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Shared Services organization, which includes the Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Strategy, Compliance, Legal, Security, Sourcing, and Properties functions, supports our mission to drive our clients’ success with industry-leading solutions, consultative advice and service. The Shared Services teams align with our customer-facing teams in a model that drives consistency, yet also provides the flexibility needed to meet unit-specific goals. Our Shared Services employees bring the domain expertise that helps First Data retain and grow our base of owner-associates, drive profitable growth, navigate complex channel partnerships, and build First Data’s brand equity.
- Responsible for entry processing activities related to accounts payable.
- Performs audit of batches for other Specialists.
- Responsible for all payment processing activities related to accounts payable.
- Responsible for Corporate Card administration and compliance for FDC Business Units Globally.
- Achieves 99.5% accuracy.
- Knowledge of Oracle, iExpense, Pcards, and Ariba is preferred. Working with Offshore team is also preferred.
Scope of Job
Meets departmental processing quotas and standards. The quality, accuracy, and timely application of SLA deadlines in processing invoices and other accounts payable activities can impact the company’s reputation and public image.
Has the ability to solve questions and problems. Works under general supervision, with regular review of completed work. Completes tasks within policies and procedures and maintains departmental Service Level Agreements (SLA) deadlines. Escalates problems as necessary.
- 2-year degree preferred,or equivalent experience;
- 2-3 years experience in a high volume accounts payable processing environment;
- Understanding of accounting and business policies and procedures;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Competent analytical and computer skills in Microsoft Windows Office Software (specifically Word, Excel, and Access);
- Experience with Oracle 11i strongly preferred.
- Project Management
- Financial Reporting
- Tax Operations
- Accounts Payable
- General Ledger
- Fin & Acctg Systems
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.