Associate Director for Development - Eberly College of Arts & Sciences at West Virginia University
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
The Eberly College of Arts and Sciences is seeking applications for an Associate Director of Development. This position is a front-line fundraising position responsible for identifying and developing a major gift pipeline to support the departments and programs within the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences:
- Develop major gift donors and prospects, with a focus on alumni, retired faculty members, parents and friends, capable of making gifts of at least $25,000.
- Raise at least $1 million per year through outright gifts and planned gifts across the disciplines of arts and sciences.
- Plan, schedule and complete frequent travel, with 140+ annual visits spanning over 5-7 days per month. The majority of travel is in West Virginia and contiguous states, with some nationwide travel and some overnight travel.
- Identify at least 15 new prospects per year to ultimately build a gift pipeline of 70-80 prospects.
- Perform related administrative duties, including recording new contacts, solicitations, prospects, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service to donors through maintaining correspondence, writing case statements, drafting gift documents, etc.
- Identify engagement opportunities for donors by planning, executing and/or staffing prospect cultivation, hospitality, donor stewardship, etc.
- Coordinate all development efforts with the WVU Foundation and comply with all WVUF reporting and accountability standards.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two (2) years of experience in individual fundraising or direct sales is required. Major gift experience in higher education is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan and execute multiple events/projects with a high level of detail
- Evidence of entrepreneurial spirit, persuasiveness and the ability to motivate people in support of specific causes
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse constituencies
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to travel extensively, attend evening and weekend events and comply with department travel policy and timeliness