Financial Lines Underwriter at Chubb
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Major Job Functions:
• Utilizes appropriate skills and tools to underwrite Financial Lines small business. Conducts in-depth underwriting analysis and determines best course of action on a risk specific basis.
• Maintains underwriting quality standards. Includes appropriate file documentation relating to final underwriting decision.
• Serves as the point person for managing assigned broker relationships. Maintains a high level of visibility through proactive account management, communication and visitation.
• Develops and executes effective strategies to generate profitable business growth.
• Analyzes opportunities and creates business development strategies for assigned book of business. Prospects for new business and larger book consolidation opportunities.
• Collaborates throughout Westchester to educate agents on products, services, as well as underwriting strategies and product marketing. Develops and/or participates in broker education events including CE courses and product fairs.
• Gathers pertinent competitive information to assist in product development recommendations.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.