Lead for Mold Maker at Flex
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
The Lead Mold Maker will be based in Tempe Az.
This job is to be the lead of the plastic mold repair department at Flex Tech Mold in Tempe, AZ. The candidate will be expected to supervise and lead a group of 5 or more employees to facilitate the repair and enhancement of plastic injection molds. The job requires various problem solving skills and creative, and innovative thinking to come up with solutions to problems that our customers may have. The lead will coordinate with the operations manager, quoting and project managers to ensure projects are on time and that customers are getting accurate information on the method of repair and the delivery.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Lead the team who studies blueprints of Press Tools and Plastic Injection molds, and prototype parts and visualizes shape, mechanical structure, and operation of the die and mold. Understanding application of Jigs and Fixtures.
- Provide Leadership for machine set-ups, adjusting speeds, feeds, and depth of cut, to machined parts to specifications set forth in blueprints, drawings, engineering orders, etc.
- Checks machined parts for conformance to prescribed tolerances.
- May be required to operate numerical control machines.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Knowledge of plastic injection molds and how to repair them
- Experience troubleshooting molds and diagnosing the root causes of issues
- Management experience of employees
- Knowledge of shop practices and how to utilize various machine equipment to include the following; Wire EDM, Sinker EDM, electrode manufacturing, precision surface grinding, CNC milling, CNC lathes, manual machining, shop inspection equipment.
- Experience leading jobs and ensuring that operations are being executed properly and in a timely manner to meet deliveries.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; the lead will sometimes have to speak directly with customers to give updates on deliveries and to help deliver innovative solutions to their issues.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Experience with Injection Mold repair and service
- CNC programming to go with the manual machining experience
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryOperationsFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.