CNC Machinist, Set up and Operator (Night Shift) at Flex
Posted in Manufacturing 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
The (Night Shift) CNC Machinist, Set up and Operator will be based in Tempe, Arizona and will Operate Computer Numerical Control (CNC) vertical and, horizontal mills.
We are looking for someone who is…
- Intensely collaborative
- Passionately focused on the customer
- Disciplined executor of responsibilities
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Performs machine set-ups, adjusting speeds, feeds, and depth of cut, to machined parts to specifications set forth in blueprints, drawings, engineering orders.
- Checks machined parts for conformance to prescribed tolerances
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll need…
- Operates Computer Numerical Control (CNC) vertical and horizontal mills.
- Performs machine set-ups, adjusting speeds, feeds, and depth of cut, on machined parts to specifications set forth in blueprints, drawings, engineering orders, etc.
- Checks machined parts for conformance to part prints using basic shop inspection tools (micrometers, calipers, indicators, sine plates, etc..)
- Program, set up, adjust and efficiently operate machines to perform diverse and difficult operations using provided set up sheets p
- Perform First article and in process inspection at the machine utilizing basic shop inspection methods to include sine plates, indicators
- Proven ability to analyze G code and make program edits as needed
- Ability to set up cutting tools and prove out new programs using set up sheets
- Ability to work with robotic equipment
- Fanuc and Mazatrol controller experience a plus
- Close tolerance hard milling experience a plus +-.0002
- Zeiss contura CMM experience a plus
- 5 or more years experience
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryOperationsFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.