Sr. Quality Manager – Manufacturing at Henkel Corporation
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
Job Summary: Support, develop and administer Quality Programs leading to customer satisfaction, technically competent customer documents, and internal continuous improvement to achieve customer and business objectives.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for improving the overall quality levels of products manufactured at the Seabrook Plant and owning the Quality Management Systems. Expertise and knowledge of ISO/QS standards and requirements is preferred.
This position will oversee quality assurance, educate and enforce compliance initiatives, ensure that appropriate documentation related to quality, process, validation, management of change and CAPA is complete, interface with customers during audits, ensure that appropriate methods are established, maintained and routinely modified, recommend lean production process initiatives, lead structured problems solving activities and communicate/educate all operations functions in the facility on quality initiatives.
What we offer
- Assume the role of Management Representative, maintain Integrated Management System and certification to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001.
- Ensure appropriate Internal audit program: System, Process, Product.
- Coordinate internal/external audits.
- Ensure documentation and validation of key processes.
- Ensure control plans, quality planning documentation are in place.
- Work with manufacturing and other functional groups for to troubleshoot customer problems/complaints, plant issues, and reject batches. Ensure determination of root cause and corrective actions, and develop project plans to drive change.
- Lead investigations to troubleshoot customer problems/complaints, plant issues, and reject batches. Determine root cause and corrective actions and develop project plans to drive change.
- Escalation of critical decisions to regional Quality Director if necessary.
- Promote awareness of customer requirements throughout the site.
- Lead Cross-functional Quality Improvement Teams/Projects. Develop plans for continuous improvements for the plant, and product lines and ensure all team members are completing assigned tasks.
- Ensure best practice Henkel standards are applied.
- Monitor and Communicate Quality metrics.
- Utilize Six Sigma methodology, SQC, and SPC to conduct studies on product and process consistency and quality issues.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or within a relevant Science discipline
- Knowledge and experience with ISO/QS standard
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing / chemical industry or within the quality profession.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge and experience with Six Sigma, 8D, and A3 tools
- Experience leading teams and working with customers
- Experience in troubleshooting difficult problems in a plant environment
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, and to manage cross functional teams.
- Experience with Adhesives or sealants and coatings knowledge a preference
- cGMP and SAP proficiency preferable
- Must be willing to travel occasionally
The employee will work in an office and manufacturing plant atmosphere with occasional travel to customer or supplier manufacturing sites to support and/or audit. There are no specific physical requirements for this job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career