Director Industry Solutions at Chicago_Randolph Office
Posted in Management 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
HERE Technologies is a global leader in navigation, mapping and next-generation location experiences that are rapidly changing the way everyone lives, moves and interacts. HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. We provide cutting-edge technology to businesses, cities and consumers in nearly every country in the world to enhance our everyday lives – whether it’s helping an enterprise optimize its assets, a government make its city smarter, or a person get to their destination as quickly, conveniently and safely as possible.
“Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders?” You might be using HERE every day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. And we’re not stopping there. We are evolving what used to be thought of as a map, into a real-time, 3D, digital representation of the world that will help us achieve our vision of enabling an Autonomous World for everyone.
To stay ahead of the game and continue to create breakthrough solutions for our customers, we are looking for the brightest and most passionate minds out there to join our melting pot of strategists, creatives, entrepreneurs, inventors, engineers, developers, explorers and travellers. We believe that with the right people, we have the right ingredients to become a game-changer in the technology industry.
Make HERE your destination. We’re just getting started.
The Director Industry Solutions will report into the Global VP Industry Solutions and lead a regional team of 5-6 Industry Solution Managers. The team will build new C-level relationships with target customers, using industry expertise to show the relevance of location services and drive customer business outcomes. Working in close collaboration with account teams and partners, the goal of this consultative selling role is to identify tangible new opportunities for HERE products & services. The Director will become a member of the regional sales leadership team, with a dotted reporting line into the regional SVP and General Manager. While this role has a strong people management and regional leadership component, the Director will also personally lead several high-impact customer engagements.
- Lead a high-performance team
- Key member of regional sales leadership team
- Establish trusted advisor relationships with senior executives at focus accounts, creating mindshare for HERE
- Build compelling use cases and customer business outcomes using the power of location
- Drive and help capture tangible new opportunities for HERE products and services
- Collaborate with other Industry Solutions Directors, the broader HERE sales teams and partners
- Create effective materials showing HERE’s relevance and value propositions in selected verticals, which can be used by the broader sales population (web sites, white papers, presentations)
This role will work highly independently with minimal supervision. The person will manage a team of 5-6 managers, maximizing their collective impact, while contributing to the regional sales leadership team and leading personal high-profile customer engagements. The person will need to be self-starting, creative and very collaborative, displaying strong influencing skills. The role will regularly assess team results and adjust where necessary to achieve set goals.
This people management role has a high degree of autonomy and flexibility within the geographic region, while regularly updating the Global VP Industry Solutions and coordinating with other regional Directors to share learnings. The role will prioritize opportunities and ensure the team develops ideas, concepts and solutions which help to strengthen HERE’s relevance at focus accounts.
This role will be able to have significant impact on customer business outcomes as well as HERE’s revenue in the region. As in many of these accounts we currently have little to no business, the upside which the team can generate is very substantial. In addition, the Director role can materially contribute to regional decision making.
- Executive presence, gravitas
- Executive engagement and relationship-building skills
- Strong affinity with technology and knowledge of emerging technologies e.g. IoT
- Expertise in focus verticals such as:
- Transport & Logistics and/or
- Manufacturing, CPG, Retail (Supply Chain Management, SCM)
- Track record in building and leading a high-performance team
- Self-starting and highly organized
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Collaborative working style
- Inspiring, creative
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Fast learner
- Business acumen & analytics
- Focus on impact
- Willingness to travel
- Language dependent on geographic location
- 10-15 years of strategy consulting or relevant business development experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred