Receptionist/Data Entry- Grand Prairie, TX at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas
Job ID: 129876
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are currently looking for a talented person to work in a dual capacity as a Receptionist/Data Entry Associate at our Grand Prairie office. This position will have a heavy amount of data entry. Reception duties include operating the telephone system and greeting all guests, assisting with administrative tasks such as scanning, proofreading, processing incoming and outgoing mail and overnight packages, and performing other various duties requested by other office personnel. In addition, you will also be performing customer service related data entry functions duties such as entering orders and assisting/responding to customer requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering and directing incoming calls to the appropriate individuals
- Retrieve and forward messages received in the general mailbox
- Greet all visitors and applicants in a professional and courteous manner
- Assist the customer with basic requests such as address and contact information
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness
- Signing for packages, receiving and sorting incoming mail and distributing to the appropriate individuals and preparing outgoing mail
- Maintain front desk appearance and cleanliness
- Assist with other administrative duties and day-to-day tasks as needed
- Enter orders for walk-in customers and orders for stock and custom items
- Answering phones and directing to right person
- Managing sample and warranty requests
- Complete order filing
- Send out Fed Ex packages
- Compile orders that are on credit hold and email credit for release for orders on credit hold
Regular and predictable attendance, safely performing tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
To be considered for a Receptionist position, the following conditions must be met:
- A minimum of 1 year of receptionist or administrative experience
- Ability to handle a high volume telephone switchboard
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel MS Office products
- Ability to handle confidential information and use of discretion while performing job tasks
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize work assignments
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary
- To avoid injuries to hands, back, and neck, proper ergonomics should be maintained while working at desk/workstation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.