Manager of Program Management NPI at Flex
Posted in Management 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Irving, Texas
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
As the Manager of Program Management, you will be based at our Medical Device Design Center in Irving, TX and you will be responsible for managing, leading, and mentoring a team of program managers in the medical device industry.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Manage team of program managers responsible for programs of various size and complexity
- Provide necessary leadership and support to Program managers (NPI and Production) to ensure programs adhere to the Flex Product Life Cycle Process (FPLC) process, are executed to plans, and customer issues are handled properly
- Ensure collaborative cross-functional teamwork to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control all phases of the customer programs from RFQ through development, NPI, and ramp to stable production
- Manage customer relationship and act as the first escalation point for any performance issues
- Be responsive to customer requests and ensure high Customer Satisfaction
- Ensure effective and timely corrective action of any performance and customer service related issues.
- Support development of program estimates and quotes for future and existing business
- Establish Program Management team goals
- Update and improve department processes
- Track relevant metrics and drive action items based on results
- Implement appropriate HR Strategies and actions to recruit and retain a qualified and motivated workforce
- Participate in the development of this sites Center of Excellence designation for the entire Americas region for all medical device products’ last stop before mass production/product launces
- Participate with other functional managers in establishing strategic organizational plans and objectives.
- Travel as required
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- 10+ years’ experience in a Program/Project Management role
- 3+ years’ experience in Management or leadership role
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in managing multiple product development projects in the medical device industry
- Experience in electromechanical product development including mechanical, electrical and software design
- Comprehensive understanding of product development, including design, NPI, supply chain, and manufacturing operations in medical device industry
- Must had had at least 3 or more product launches; involvement from concept through mass production/launch
- Ability to interface and communicate with different levels of the organization, both at customer & Flex
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail. Ability to dig deep into issues when needed
- Experience managing commercial issues (price, contract terms, cost recovery claims, etc.)
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- PMP certification
- A Master’s degree is preferred
- Both OEM product company and EMS company experience
- Experience working with teams across time zones / regions
- Preference for candidates that have strong later stage product development; beyond concept and design phase and more on the production, operations launch phases
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryDesign, Process & Technology EngineeringFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.