Intern - Electrical Engineer at Persistent Systems
Posted in Engineering 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Headquartered in New York City since 2007, Persistent Systems, LLC is a global communications technology company which develops, manufactures, and integrates a patented and secure Mobile Ad Hoc Networking (MANET) system: Wave Relay®. The company’s industry leading R&D team has designed wireless networking protocols to support their cutting edge Wave Relay® system and technology. Wave Relay® is capable of running data, video, voice and other applications under the most difficult and unpredictable conditions. Their suite of products is field proven and utilized in Commercial, Military, Government, Industrial, Agriculture, Robotics, and Unmanned System markets.
We're looking for a Summer 2018 Electrical Engineer Intern with experience in circuit design to assist in the design, development, and prototyping of electronic assemblies for new and existing products. This internship provides the opportunity to work alongside experienced Electrical Engineers, applying Electrical Engineering knowledge from the classroom toward the development of our Wave Relay® products.
- Assisting with defining system and circuit level requirements
- Assisting with the design of circuits, performing analysis/simulations, and creating schematics
- Assisting layout engineers with PCB design
- Interfacing with Mechanical Engineers to assure all packaging and thermal constraints are met
- Assisting with hardware and software testing
- Assisting in the development of concept prototypes
- Providing technical support to Operations
- Must be working toward a Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or a related field or have equivalent experience
- Experience with digital and analog circuit design
- Knowledge of methods of high-speed hardware design
- Must have a United States security clearance or the ability to obtain a United States security clearance
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Knowledge of audio/video encoder/decoders and interfaces
- Exposure to Embedded Firmware Development in Assembly, C and/or C++
- Experience in electromagnetic capability (EMC) testing and design
- Knowledge of internal and external data buses such as SPI, I2C, LAN, USB, PCIe, etc.