Labor-Production - Houston, TX at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 129932
Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage, and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting-edge ways.
Job Description Summary
Perform a wide range of duties to safely and efficiently produce precast concrete products of the highest quality standards
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Accurately read and interpret drawings and blueprints
- Cut, bend, place, and tie steel rebar
- Prepare steel molds for filling with concrete
- Place concrete in molds from pour bucket
- Finish fresh concrete with trowel after placing in molds
- Disassemble steel molds and remove hardened product following day
- Mold/form building
- Facility maintenance and housekeeping
- Product yarding and truck loading
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Related industry experience preferred
- Some construction experience preferred
- Ability and willingness to learn and be trained
- Physical examination required
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Good attendance and positive attitude
- Knowledge and skills to use basic tools
- Must be team oriented
- Knowledge of basic measurements and how to read a tape measure
- Understand and can apply basic mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, multiplication & division)
- Industrial plant environment
- Frequent walking/standing (6+ hrs./day)
- Frequent lifting (up to 10 lbs.)
- Infrequent lifting (up to 25 lbs.)
- Max lift (up to 40 lbs.)
- Frequent climbing of ladders
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.