SHE Manager at Henkel Corporation
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
The SHE Manager is responsible for day to day support of the development of management systems to ensure Safety, Health, Environmental regulatory compliance, and Henkel SHE program implementation at the Salisbury, NC site. The scope of the regulatory compliance and management systems will apply broadly within the SHE Department’s responsibilities, but will primarily focus on providing an engaged on the floor safety, health, and environmental presence. Effectively administer Henkel Employee Safety, Health, and Environmental management practices under the Henkel SHE Standards. Ensures compliance to OSHA Process Safety Management, Title Five Air permit, ISO14001, and OHSAS 18001 standards.
What we offer
- Maintain current knowledge of and administer Safety, Health, and Environmental activities to comply with the standards
- Ensures compliance to OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Provide an engaging “on the floor safety presence” to reinforce SHE requirements
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state OSHA regulations
- Complete monthly reporting (ISO14001, OSHA, EPA, RCRA, SARA, OSHA 300 log, Sustainability data, and Dashboard)
- Provides monthly training (Hazard Communication, Lockout/Tagout, personal protection equipment, respirator use, incident investigation, etc…) as required in SHE policies, systems, and practices.
- Manages SHE Dept. with a direct report of one SHE Specialist
- Review and investigate accidents, injuries, and illnesses that have occurred; determine root causes and interface with management to ensure that corrective actions are completed
- Manage workers’ compensation reporting and claims with Human Resources
- Work with operations personnel to determine that proper safeguards and personal protective equipment requirements are included in manufacturing processes
- Administer air, waste, and water compliance with appropriate agencies
- Performs internal audits (JSA’s, ISO, Ergonomic) and participates in 3rd party audits
- Regulatory research - keep current on OSHA, EPA, State regulations, PSM, ISO 14000, OHSAS 18001, and Henkel SHE standards
- Coordinate, administer, and direct implementation of Henkel Employee Safety and Health management practices under the OHSAS 18001 program
- Facilitates Risk Assessments and Process Hazard Analysis (DRAs)
- Other duties as assigned
Who we are looking for
- BA/BS degree in Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Engineering or other related field
- 5-8 years experience in safety and health related functions, preferably in chemical manufacturing industry
- Process Safety Management experience required
- Current and ongoing knowledge of Federal and State safety and health regulations, prefer Certified Safety Professional
- Analyzing and determining the applicability of Safety, Health, and Environmental regulations as they pertain to Henkel
- Ensure corrective action programs are implemented by interfacing with Directors Of Operations, Production Managers, Plant Supervisors, Process/Plant Engineers, Regional SHE Manager, and other Henkel personnel as necessary
- Lean manufacturing methods, process and continuous improvement programs, and procedures
- Ability to multi-task
- Solid written skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes
- Sit, stand, and walk alternately throughout the shift
- Lift up to 50 lbs. and up to 25 lbs. on an occasional basis during a shift
- Wear full face respirator as required
- Climb and descend stairs routinely
- Work in non-climate controlled work areas
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career