Manufacturing Engineering Manager- Controls & Automation at Overhead Door Corporation
Posted in Architecture 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mount Hope, Ohio
This role will provide multiple plants with manufacturing engineering excellence and compliance and overall contributor to manufacturing and process improvements. Part of facility leadership team driving manufacturing excellence and manufacturing and synergies.
- Assume technical leadership within the division for automation and control systems, including equipment specification and integration of equipment into information systems infrastructure.
- Provide project oversight throughout the manufacturing network including individual contribution as required
- Monitor production automation to ensure electronics and controls are currently industry-supported and develop appropriate response plans.
- Analyze, evaluate and propose equipment, process, and training to ensure the most efficient operating conditions
- Develop and maintain adequate documentation to support on-going, local maintenance support.
- Develop / create all controller and device programming and special instructions or directions required for controls system on a given job.
- Provide technical service, direction and direct production support of electrical and controls related issues as required.
- Generate cost reductions and capital-spending savings that generate a minimum of 3x compensation costs.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent training
- 10+ years of experience within field
- 5+ years experience supervising engineering / maintenance teams
- Multiple site responsibility with multiple manufacturing engineers at various experience levels
- Part of facility leadership team driving manufacturing excellence