Production Supervisor - 12 Hours Rotating at Henkel Corporation
Posted in Manufacturing 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
What we offer
- Balance safety, quality, productivity, cost, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas
- Manage time & attendance using EmpCenter.
- Supervise and perform production activities to ensure that manufactured products meet or exceed all established quality requirements, including product integrity and production order documentation
- Direct personnel actions, employee selection, training, performance appraisal, discipline, coaching, development, and safety issues
- Embrace our vision and values
- Maintain an area of technical expertise and leadership (blending, filling, then by chemistry or technology)
- Determine manufacturing priorities based on established production schedules and assign duties to personnel
- Communicate and hold employees accountable to objectives, manufacturing procedures, and efficiencies
- Interpret specifications and make judgments about the acceptability of production that is in process.
- Implement departmental safety programs to ensure the safety of employees working in the department
- Perform incident investigations
- Support safety policies and environmental responsibilities including reporting, investigations and analysis
- Maintain good housekeeping objectives, lean initiatives, and 5S activities
- Direct special projects and problem solving as required
- Target productivity metrics/accountability
- Administer performance appraisals to supervised personnel
- Participate daily in continuous improvement with emphasis in safety and processing
- Embrace and lead Lean Thinking and implement changes
Who we are looking for
- Prefer four-year degree, Associates degree and/or equivalent Lean manufacturing experience
- Prefer chemical batch processing experience
- 3 – 5 years supervisory/leadership experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly engaged leader of people
- Strong background in Lean Manufacturing to include Value Stream Mapping, 5S methods, Kaizens, and other continuous improvement programs.
- Problem solving ability and critical thinking skills require
- Ability to operate specific equipment (ex. forklift) or tool.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Visio, SAP are a plus. Ability to work with many different computer programs not listed throughout the production floor such as label making programs.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
- Strong commitment to safety systems and OSHA required standards
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career