Senior Firewall Administrator (Government) at AT&T
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Location: Omaha, NebraskaJob Description:
AT&T has a career opportunity for a Senior Firewall Engineer working within Offutt AFB, supporting information security requirements for United States STRATEGIC COMMAND. This Senior Firewall Engineer will design, configure, deploy and maintain the comprehensive enterprise security infrastructure. Member will complete any necessary security reports and audit responses, ensure that the Command is compliant with all applicable regulations, procedures and apply best practices to development security policies, guidelines, best practices, and strategy. Member will also mentor more junior members of the technical security staff and demonstrate to the staff the expertise and technical skills for firewall implementations.
- Design, configure, deploy, and maintain the Command’s enterprise security infrastructure
- Analyze problems, recommend solutions, products, and technologies to meet business objectives
- Provides network security systems administration support to users for Check Point firewalls, Blue Coat proxies, F5 Big IP, Cisco switches, routers and ASA, InfoBlox IPAM
- Actively protect Command information technology assets and infrastructure from external or internal threats and ensure that the information technologies assigned complies with all directives regarding information access, security and privacy
- Implement firewall solutions to properly secure Command data and provide consultation on all new firewall implementations, firewall configuration changes, and projects requiring security operational support
- Assist the end-user, other IT professionals, and external customers in requesting security variances and implementation of subsequent configuration change requests
- Recommend best security practices to achieve stated security objectives, advises on risk assumptions for any variances granted, and provides alternatives to achieve desired end results
- Assist in incident response for any breaches, intrusions, or theft
- Monitor systems for any anomalies, proper updating, and patching
- Monitor vendor websites for potential threat alerts and software upgrades
- Evaluates and performs planning, testing, and implementation of software and hardware upgrades
- Maintains system documentation and configuration data for regulatory and audit purposes
- Coach and guide Service Desk and Desk Side Support technicians in their incident response, directing incident first responder actions, and appropriately escalating issues.
- Experience working a fast paced IT environment.
- 5 or more years with current network security protocols, hardware and software
- Working knowledge of HBSS
- IDS/IPS and Syslog experience
- CCNA / CCNP certifications.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or Computer Science
- Recent responsibility for DoD communications programs, including design and implementation of network infrastructure and services; understand the Air Force acquisition, operations and policy processes and structure for communication activities.
- Recent service in a Major Command, Joint Command or Major DoD agency is highly desired.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI (Eligibility)
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V