System Engineer (Government) at AT&T
Posted in Other 16 days ago.
Location: Omaha, NebraskaJob Description:
- Responsible for installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Responsible for ensuring computer systems are well maintained and operate reliably.
- Perform regular systems and security monitoring, handling backup procedures, maintain and delete user accounts as required.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relevant procedures and standards. Ensuring that hardware and systems work as expected and maintaining archives as needed.
- Conduct patching and upgrades to ensure that systems are maximally efficient and effective.
- Build, configure, and troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades.
- Responsible for ensuring the sensitivity level of the information is determined prior to use on the system and that the proper security measures are implemented to protect this information.
- Conduct ongoing security reviews and tests to the system to periodically verify that security features and operating controls are functional and effective. Provide hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operations support.
- Recommend software and hardware enhancements
BS in technical field (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems). Minimum 5 years’ experience as system and/or network administrator. Experience with Microsoft Windows Servers and Microsoft SQL Server. Knowledge of command line interface (CLI) within Windows environment.
Desired: Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solution Expert (MCSE), CompTIA Network+ Certification, CompTIA Security+ Certification. Experience with configuring network health and monitoring tools. Excellent writing, communication and briefing skills.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI (Eligibility)
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V