Project Superintendent- Acushnet, MA at P.J.Keating Company
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Acushnet, Massachusetts
Job ID: 123037
P.J. Keating Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
- Ensures the safety of crew members and the public on all projects.
- Assures compliance with all company and safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the supervision and coordination of workers engaged in Site and Roadway construction
- Training new crew members.
- Oversees job sites to ensure progress in meeting time schedules, sufficient utilization of workers, and equipment.
- Responsible for P&L on projects.
- Maintains time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, final product quality and crew performance.
- 5+ years of construction and paving experience.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health, & Safety Manual.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of MADOT regulations and project specifications relating to construction and paving activities
- Knowledge of safe equipment operation and efficiency.
- Proven capability to direct employees effectively.
- Abide by established Guiding Principles: Integrity, Communication, Recognition, Action and Results Oriented, Positive Attitude, Work Ethic, Growth and Development, and Commitment.
- Ensure that the workplace is kept in a neat, clean, and safe condition.
- Display professional and respectful attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to be available during non-business hours to handle last minute scheduling changes etc. (i.e. nights and weekends).
Personal Protective Equipment
- Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and construction areas as outlined by P.J. Keating Company. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position: Hardhat, safety glasses, reinforced toed shoes, hand protection, safety vest/high visibility clothing for any work in the field.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk, stand, climb, crawl, bend, kneel, reach above shoulders, and lift up to 50 pounds for periods of time.
- The employee must be able to drive a company vehicle to various work sites throughout the state.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus both during daytime hours and nighttime hours.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
P.J. Keating Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
P.J. Keating Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.