Housekeeper at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Wainwright, AlaskaJob Description:
Perform a combination of cleaning duties in a hotel/restaurant facility.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, stairways, restaurant, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
- Clear dining room tables.
- Assist in receiving and stocking of inventory shipments.
- Empty waste baskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Make beds, laundry, fold linens, and towels.
- Build and maintain good public relations with the client, residents, and co-workers.
- Monitor and maintain a high level of safe and sanitary working conditions.
- Willingness to perform other duties as required.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong client/customer service skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently, as well as work effectively with a team.
- Organized, reliable, and responsible.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products and/or willing to learn.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand, walk, sit, use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate kitchen equipment, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, talk or hear; taste, or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed primarily indoors in a hotel/restaurant. Some exposure to weather conditions while working outside of the hotel/restaurant when performing other tasks on the facility.