Human Resources Manager at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Admin - Clerical 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Corrigan, Texas
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
We have an opening for a Human Resources Manager to work in partnership with managers and employees at our plywood mill in Corrigan, Texas. Corrigan is about 30 minutes south of Lufkin and an hour and a half from Houston. Corrigan is a non-union facility which employs approximately 375 people. This position will have the opportunity as part of the Building Products division to assist in strategic human resource initiatives designed to drive continuous improvement of HR and mill metrics. This individual will lead the HR vision for the facility and supervise 2 direct reports.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Continuously advance the company’s talent position through coaching, mentoring, analyzing, and strategizing as an important part of the site leadership team.
- Build credibility and trust with the workforce and leaders.
- Apply judgement based on knowledge and discernment.
- Influence others.
- Ensure employees connect with how they drive value for the company.
- Identify talent gaps (individually and organizationally) that are obstacles to superior results and coach supervisors on the development of gap closure plans. Utilize selection and performance management processes to select, coach and retain talent aligned with Market Based Management®.
Understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Market Based Management®.
- Performance management.
- Workforce planning.
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Interpreting policies and practices.
- Investigating questions and/or complaints; resolving employee relations issues and using each complaint/issue as opportunity to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to resolve the root cause.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes.
- Attention to detail and strong HR technical expertise.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- At least 3 years of HR generalist/manager experience.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Five or more years of HR generalist/manager experience.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf