Senior Project Manager at IAP
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: NORFOLK, Virginia
As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, IAP leverages and integrates its capabilities - IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, Infrastructure & Logistics - to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. With 2,500 team members, IAP operates in more than 110 locations in 27 countries worldwide and maintains offices in the Washington D.C. area, Florida, Maryland, Oklahoma, the United Kingdom, and the Middle East. Learn more at www.iapws.com.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comprehend basic to complex business issues, contribute to IT business projects or IT sponsored technology projects by translating business needs into understandable requirements.
- Participate in development and management of project plans related to application development initiatives (project planning and design, testing, implementation and maintenance).
- Understand business requirements, goals, and risks in order to formulate and define technical scope and objectives of projects.
- Provide client support and consultation for IT issues. Should be focused on improving business operations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with peers and with end users
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant project management experience
- 5+ years' experience in successfully managing complex service delivery activities in a client services industry
- Experience with technical projects such as software deployment, enterprise systems infrastructure
- A solid understanding of overall business functions and the impact of technical decisions on business results
- Identify risks and issues throughout the project, monitor service delivery, and initiate strategies and plans to ensure delivery of high quality services.
- Create and maintain project plans and schedules
- Actively manage project plans and schedules
- Ensure that project documentation is created and is maintained
- Escalate unresolved issues to Senior management
- Have strong interpersonal skills to facilitate working within a team and build relationships with the customer
- Ability to learn on the job, be self-motivated. Must be able to anticipate problems, spot new business opportunities and take a proactive approach to responsibilities.
Clearance: Active TS/SCI
- MUST be a US citizen or eligible to work in the US for any employer without any restrictions.
Location: 4 month rotation in AFRICOM followed full-time assignment in Little Creek, VA
Travel: Yes, 4 month rotation in AFRICOM.