Business Development Manager - Oil, Gas, Chemical at JE Dunn Construction
Posted in Management 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Best people + right culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn’s strategy for success. By hiring the best people we can find, giving them interesting and challenging work, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
JE Dunn believes in providing the best tools for employees to get the job done right. Lean operation processes. Digital document collaboration. LEED-certified, occupant-focused environments. We make sure our workforce is prepared for the job, and we expect the best. Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FAMILY - CORE
- Performs active business development, marketing and public relations activities in support of business development goals.
- Researches, qualifies and prioritizes potential customers.
- Coordinates and oversees maintenance of records and reports concerning client contacts and scheduled business development activities.
- Prepares, presents and executes business development action plans for specific targets.
- Helps develop new business, sales and client relations for defined markets.
- Helps with the development of proposals, presentations and other client communications.
- Provides planning help to prospective and current clients prior to contract execution.
- Serves as a company representative on civic, business, charitable and professional organizations.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Executes action plans for business development goals.
- Participates on local boards and committees.
- Maintains or builds an engaged professional network, externally and internally.
- Partners with operations teams to plan, create presentations, and execute capture plans on pursuits or to business partners and community organizations.
- Manages and performs business development, marketing and public relations activities in support of business development goals.
- Leads and executes business development action plans for national, and or regional markets for building types and construction delivery means.
- Manages the use of Marketing resources, including expenses, and employee time.
- Creates relationships and partnerships with internal and external groups regarding existing and new services.
- Researches competitors’ value propositions by gathering, analyzing, and acting on market intelligence.
- Provides on-the-job guidance and willingly shares subject matter expertise in order to support team member learning and development.
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally to obtain information or solve problems in support of the team’s goals.
- Always presents a positive disposition and maintains constructive interpersonal relationships when under stress.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Proficiency in MS Office – Intermediate
- Proficiency in Cosential
- Ability to follow up on inquiries in a timely manner
- Knowledge and understanding of business objectives
- Knowledge of organizational structure and available resources
- Ability to quickly and effectively solve complex problems
- Ability to deliver quality through attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Listening skills
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate future work through building relationships
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction science, marketing, management or related field (Required)
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 5+ years marketing and/or Business Development experience in the building industry or related experience (Preferred)
At JE Dunn, you’ll receive an abundance of resources dedicated to ensuring your success and future development
Whether it’s our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), company wellness program, or modern workspaces, we put the satisfaction of our employees at the forefront of everything we do.
Award-winning benefits package
Named one of Plan Sponsor Magazine’s 2015 Plan Sponsors of the Year, JE Dunn’s employee benefits package ranks among the top of our peer group, meeting and exceeding standard expectations.
Professional training opportunities
Our employee development team works full-time to create growth opportunities across the company. We encourage employees to take command of their own development, and we make sure they have what they need to take that next step.
Corporate and personal involvement in the communities in which we work is simply part of the job--JE Dunn as an organization is proud to donate over 10 percent of our pre-tax earnings to charities around the country each year.
JE Dunn Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.