Quality Control Technician (Williston) at Pike Industries, Inc
Posted in Manufacturing 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Waterford, Vermont
Job ID: 129938
Pike Industries, Inc., a subsidiary and integral part of Oldcastle, is a leading Highway Contractor and the largest producer of Hot Mix Asphalt and Construction Aggregates in New England. Pike has experienced continual growth over the years and currently employs nearly 1,000 people throughout NH, ME and VT. The dedication, knowledge, and quality workmanship of our employees is what makes the company such a great success. If you’re looking for a challenging career at a company that will reward your efforts, look no further. Take the first step and apply for an exciting opportunity to gain top notch industry experience and pave the road to your success. All Roads Lead Here!
QC Technician (Vermont): We are seeking a safety minded qualified individual to fill our Quality Control Technician positon. Experience in asphalt and aggregate testing preferred, NETCCP certifications a plus. Responsibilities include: ensure design mix samples meet or exceed specs and are cost-effective; produce asphalt mix that complies with job specs; monitor quality of hot mix asphalt and HMA (hot mix asphalt) pavement, and carry out other tasks as needed. This position will be based out of our Waterford, Vermont location. Classification: Seasonal hourly position
- Must be committed to providing and promoting a safe work environment.
- High School diploma or equal skill level. Ability to carry out standardized laboratory tests in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic operating procedures and mechanics of an asphalt plant
- Must be willing to perform QC duties on our paving jobs.
- Extended hours with possible night and/or weekend work as well as overnights.
- The willingness to travel to other Pike locations throughout Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont when needed.
- A valid driver’s license.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Pike Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Pike Industries, Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.