Engineer Tech - Manufacturing at Arthrex Manufacturing, Inc.
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Ave Maria, Florida
|Title:||Engineer Tech - Manufacturing|
|Division:||Arthrex Manufacturing Inc (US02)|
|Location:||AMI East- AMI- Ave Maria, FL (US05)|
This position is intended for candidates who are skilled with the set up, operation and programming of EDM machines (ram/drill/wire). Experience with the setup, operation and programming of mills, lathes, centerless grinders and five-axis grinders is highly desired. Work location is the Arthrex manufacturing facility in Ave Maria, FL.
Support the development, implementation and improvements of manufacturing processes to produce cost effective quality products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load part number, product structure and router steps in QAD or any equivalent ERP system.
- Understand correct revision levels of components to upper level and coordinate with planning regarding CR inventory and WIP run-out including effectivity dates.
- Handle multiple project management at a pre-determined lead-time and prioritize and respond to special assigned projects.
- Follow thru newly set-up projects to assure smooth production.
- Use CAD skills to make drawing revisions.
- Communicate with customer design engineers regarding prints/models, delivery dates, changes on drawings and parts and prototype requests.
- Coordinate with outside contractors and create necessary documents such as purchase requests and MOC (Management of Change) for procurement of new machines/ equipment required in better manufacturing of products.
- Assist in product tests when necessary.
- Operate and maintain 3D printing machine.
- Develop and write technical reports such as work instruction.
- Use principles and theories of science, engineering, and mathematics to solve technical problems.
- Assist with the design, develop, test and manufacture fixtures, gaging products, and other tools.
- Make sketches and rough layouts, record data, make computations, analyze results, and write reports.
- Prepare layouts and drawings of the assembly process and of parts to be manufactured.
- Estimates labor costs.
- Test and inspect equipment in manufacturing departments or work with engineers to eliminate production problems.
- Develop equipment and processes in manufacturing departments to eliminate production problems.
- Review project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, and equipment.
- Draft detail drawing or sketch for completion or to request parts fabrication by machine, sheet metal or wood shops.
- Setup and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Analyze test results in relation to specifications and test objectives and modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or processes
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
A two-year associate’s degree in engineering technology with emphasis on college courses in science, engineering and mathematics or equivalent experience is preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Must have experience in computer skills: QAD or similar ERP system, Word, Excel, process improvement skills, basic costing skills.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. To bend frequently and lift 50-70 lbs on a regular basis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.