PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Toledo, Oregon
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Production Technician – Toledo, OR
Georgia-Pacific is looking for Production Technician workers, an entry- level production position, for our Toledo, OR mill. This position creates value by supporting production efficiency in the mill through maintaining a clean work environment, monitoring supply demands, learning next level operating jobs and becoming proficient enough to move into those roles when trained. Successful candidates will be placed into our hiring pool and hired into full-time permanent positions as business needs dictate. The person selected for this role must demonstrate a commitment to punctuality and adhere to all safety rules and procedures.
Production Technicians work 12-hour rotating shifts 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (2 days) and 6:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. (2 nights).
Georgia-Pacific Containerboard in Toledo, OR facility was built in 1957 as the company’s first pulp and paper mill. The facility has approximately 400 employees and manufactures both linerboard and corrugated medium on three paper machines, using both virgin and recycled fiber. The mill and its employees are committed to sustainability for the benefit of the environment, society and our business. To learn more about our Packaging Division, visit http://www.gppackaging.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- General housekeeping duties in different areas of the production floor
- Obtaining various supplies for the storeroom, machine shop, and paper machines
- Filling liquefied petroleum gas tanks for mobile equipment
- Assisting machine operators during clothing changes and machine downtime as directed
- Removing and installing wires, press felts, dryer felts, conveyor felts
- Relieving operators during absences or trainings
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in an industrial, manufacturing, military, construction, fishing or logging environment within the last 10 years
- Willing and able to work any shift, weekends, holidays and overtime, as needed
- Willing and able to work a twelve (12) hour rotating shifts
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. routinely
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, humid, noisy, industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
What Will Put You Ahead?
- One (1) or more years of experience in maintenance or reliability
- Two (2) years previous manufacturing or industrial experience
- One (1) year of experience in the pulp and paper industry
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf