Employment Specialist (Supported Employment & Job Placement) - Non-Profit (Supportive Employment) at Rising Star Resource Development
Posted in Other 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: desoto, TexasJob Description:
Rising Star Resource Development
Employment Specialist (Supported Employment & Job Placement) - Non-Profit (Supportive Employment)
Desoto, XX, United States of America
Rising Star Resource Development Corporation (Rising Star) is a private non-profit incorporated 501c3. We are a community rehabilitation program (CRP) that provides employment services including supported employment and job placement services to persons with disabilities, individuals with barriers to employment due to their life circumstances, and Veterans through local, state, federal government and commercial contract services. We are also a provider of temporary staffing services with various programs such as Texas Industries of the Blind and Handicap (TIBH) and as well as Source America Ability One Federal Programs.
Job Skills / Requirements
Rising Star Resource Development Corporation is seeking an innovated minded and socially aware professional to join our Rehabilitation Services program to assist with providing employment services to individuals with disabilities. As part of our team you will have the opportunity to grow and progress in an environment where talent is nurtured, developed, challenged and rewarded. This position is dedicated to grow and develop our service to the Texas Workforce Commission, Vocational Rehabilitation Services Department (TWC-VRS).
Essential Functions: The Employment Specialist will work with individuals with mild to severe physical and mental disabilities who needs assistance with securing and maintaining long term, competitive employment. These individuals are referred through TWC-VRS. The Employment Specialist shall provide individualized client support by helping each client develop a plan to address their barriers, increase their income, and maintain and sustain permanent housing and employment. The employment specialist is required to complete required documentation such as benchmarks for TWC-VRS. The Employment Specialist may also assist in providing client advocacy, case management, linkage to mental health/substance abuse services, linkage to stable housing, veteran programs support systems and other supportive services.
- Secure necessary credentials from UNT WISE (priority given to individuals who already have UNT WISE credentials)
- Perform initial comprehensive bio psychosocial assessment
- Coordinate pre-screen procedures and interviews for potential candidates
- Develop treatment plan in collaboration with clients career increase
- Provide support to assess progress and ensure treat plan outcomes
- Provide Job Coaching and Placement services as a member of the team
- Provide Supported Employment services to develop customer base for job placement
- Participation in Hiring Fairs and Employment Promotions to increase clients and or hiring of internal staff on our contracts.
- Maintains clients records by reviewing case notes, logging events and progress customized reporting tool
- Prepare and track the performance of services to clients and appropriate billing for services.
- Adhere to Vocational Rehab Program state and federal requirements
- Performs other team growth duties as assigned working closely with key organization leadership
Technical Skills: The Employment Specialist must have proficient vocation operational and marketing experience with DARS/DRS and knowledge to develop the processes and procedures for an effective growth path. Strong working knowledge of MS Suite of Products (MS Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point etc.), Applicant Tracking System (ATS), Vendor Management System (VMS) and working of a Managed Services Provider (MSP) relationship. Appreciation and understanding of social media, job board posting, and community job fair recruitment.
Qualitative Skills: Excellent interpersonal communication and multitasking skills are a must. The Employment Specialist should be certified as a UNT WISE Supported Employment, Job Coaching and Placement. Excellent problem-solving abilities are a requirement, since schedule conflicts are bound to arise that will require creative solutions.
- College degreed preferred and or Associates
- 5 plus years of case management experience, human resource generalist, healthcare and military service administration.
- UNT WISE Employment Training Certification.
Work Location: HQ Office - Candidate will have flexible hours and able to work remotely with approval of management.
Office Equipment: Mobile Phone and Laptop provided.
Travel Requirements: 10 percent travel overnight required for training, education and conferences.
Compensation : This will be an Hourly Position, see below for wage range
- $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Drug Screen
- Criminal Background Check
For Internal Use Only: Job Target
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Certification Requirements (Any)
UNT WISE Employment Training Certificaton
Additional Information / Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Business Operations Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 1