Spinning Operator at Invista S.a.r.l
Posted in Manufacturing 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Waynesboro, Virginia
Who are we? Watch to find out!
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
INVISTA, owner of the STAINMASTER®, LYCRA®, COOLMAX® and CORDURA® brands, is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., which is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 120,000 people worldwide, with about 70,000 of those in the United States.
Spinning Operator – Waynesboro, VA
Join our Waynesboro team today, which is known for producing one of INVISTA’s most well-known brands, LYCRA® fiber. The individual in this role is an important team player who will help with the production of our LYCRA® fiber and have a strong focus on safety, quality and compliance. Check out what we make by visiting: www.connect.LYCRA.com.
This full-time position is eligible for the following benefits:
- Competitive market hourly wages; starting salary $19.00/hr
- Shift Differentials for evening shifts
- Built-in overtime
- Bonuses based on performance
- 401k Plan
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Paid Vacation
- Educational Assistance
- Opportunities for career advancement
This position will work a rotating shift schedule (6am-6pm or 6pm-6am; days and nights).
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Commitment to a high standard of Environmental, Health and Safety practices
- Active participation in improvement initiatives around productivity and quality
- Being open and active to learning and growing your awareness of the company’s business philosophy, Market-Based Management® (Visit www.WeAreKoch.com to learn more)
- Completing tasks with minimal supervision
- Teamwork, collaboration and adaptability to changing work environment and business needs
- Managing the operation of spinning machines and associated equipment
- Removing full packages of yarn from spinning machines
- Providing support to the area for machine checks, start-up and shut down of equipment, checking quality of yarn, product release, and disposition
- Adjusting/repairing/changing essential machine components
- Weighing and tying yarn
- Transporting full buggies of product to packing area and empty buggies back to spinning area
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Willing and able to work rotating 12-hour shifts which includes weekends, holidays and overtime as necessary
- Willing and able to work in a manufacturing plant setting
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, which requires being fit for a respirator (requiring no facial hair below the lip)
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as is required by the operating areas (i.e. safety glasses, protective footwear, hearing protection and, at times, a respirator)
- Ability to work a rotating schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work a machine paced continuous process that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Must pass a physical abilities test
The ability to:
- sit, stand (up to 5 hours), walk (up to 4 hours), bend/stoop, twist, crouch, kneel, balance and reach at shoulder level and below shoulder level
- work in elevated places
- climb stair
- work indoors and in outdoor environment
- work in a noisy environment
- frequently lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- frequently push/pull up to 100 pounds
- frequently carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally carry up to 20 pounds
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Previous manufacturing experience
Want to learn more about INVISTA?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf