PROCESS ENGINEER LEAD at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Architecture 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
“Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Join our Georgia-Pacific, Cellulose team in Memphis, TN as a Process Engineering Lead. Our Memphis facility is a pulp manufacturing plant that produces chemical cellulose, custom fibers, and paper grade materials used in products such as LCD displays, coatings, pharmaceuticals, currency, and filtration. Our Cellulose team is committed to meeting the needs of our customers in more than 75 countries worldwide by providing them with quality products, global logistics, and technical services. To learn more about GP’s Cellulose business and products, please visit www.gppackaging.com/Cellulose.
The Process Engineering Lead creates value for our business by working with our team to identify and prioritize value creation opportunities throughout the mill.
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and skills to not only better your life, but your community. If you want to work for a company that values and recognizes its employees’ innovative contributions then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Lead Mill Improvement Process to reduce manufacturing costs by $4MM per year by optimizing and continuously improving throughput and reducing waste in each production area to include identifying and closing gaps with sustainability programs, addressing people, processes, and equipment
- Support an environment to achieve Health, Safety, and Environmental Excellence
- Assist in executing Georgia-Pacific’s Operations Excellence reliability and asset strategy improvement for the Purification area
- Provide technical assistance and seek, share, and transfer knowledge
- Identify, investigate, recommend and implement equipment improvements, new systems and process changes that will improve productivity, yield, quality and/or reduce costs
- Develop front end engineering scope of work and financial analysis for capital and expense projects
Work with the team to:
- Complete engineering calculations, mass and energy balances and process equipment design
- Estimate costs and personnel and material needs
- Prepare proposals and establish completion dates
- Write specifications for equipment and systems
- Work with vendors to purchase process equipment
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Engineering, Technology, or Pulp and Paper Science
- Two (2) or more years of Process Engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with statistical analysis and data collection
- Experience utilizing process simulation software
- Experience developing utility, mass and energy balances using analytical techniques and calculation methods
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor degree or higher in Chemical Engineering
- Five (5) or more years of Process Engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience within a pulp and paper operation
- Experience managing & improving chemical processes
- Experience leading a team
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf