Analyst - Marketing Effectiveness at The Nielsen Company
Posted in Science 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Analyst - Marketing Effectiveness - 6967
Analytics - USA Chicago, Illinois
Why do you go to the store to purchase a product? Maybe you have a coupon, saw it advertised on TV or your friends talked about it on social media. In the marketing effectiveness practice, our job is to figure out which media is most successful at driving sales for products in stores. Using statistical models we help clients optimize where they should spend their money on marketing to best ensure their product’s success.
Be curious. Be collaborative. Be forward thinking. Join the Marketing Effectiveness team and work with our clients as a consultant, a problem solver and the voice of Nielsen at our clients.
When you join the Nielsen team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity, and passion. As an Analyst you will:
- Work closely with manager to assist in the analysis and preparation of client deliverables and provide client service on standard questions
- Develop mastery of propriety Nielsen tools and metrics, which you will use to help solve your clients most pressing business questions
- Assist and network with industry leading clients to simplify their data into a compelling narrative and present recommendations in client discussions
- Be the voice of the consumer by keeping our clients at the forefront of industry trends
- Develop a basic working knowledge of consumer and marketing drivers of sales volume to help our clients increase revenue
- Strong logic, deductive reasoning, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong oral and written communication, organization & customer service skills
- Able to synthesize data & simplify findings
- Able to work congruently with internal & external teams
- Basic project management skills
- Able to work collaboratively with internal & external teams
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability to drive client outcomes
Background and Technical Skills
- Bachelor's degree required (analytical field or social sciences preferred)
- Master's or Ph.D in Math, Statistics, Economics or an Analytical field preferred
- 0-3 years’ experience
- Strong mathematical/statistical/applied analytics background
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Proficient in Statistical Software packages such as SAS, SPSS or STATA
- Experience running regression models
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: CT - Wilton, , ,
Travel: Yes, 5% of the Time