Factory Laboratory Coordinator - Rolla, MO at Mars, Incorporated
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rolla, Missouri
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates five business segments including Pet care, Mars Wrigley Confectionary, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Confectionary – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY®, TWIX®, DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Royal Canin is looking for a Factory Lab Coordinator in Rolla, MO.
The Factory Laboratory Coordinator is responsible for the day to day coordination of the factory laboratory in line with global standards and monitoring regimes, while respecting the laboratory budget. They support the training and functional/technical competencies of the Raw Material Receiving and Unloading Associates
- Ensure conformance to all company, legal and regulatory requirements including ISO 9001, ISO/FSSC 22000, FSMA and MARS Standards
- Develop SOPs and/or training material and deliver training for new equipment, SOPs, methodology and new associates as required
- Track, identify and communicate quality and food safety non-conformances to Management; prepare respective reports
- Collaborate with Regional Q&FS, Flow and Commercial Teams to provide feedback concerning raw material suppliers; participate in the Factory TLT Meetings and Americas/Global RC Seminars
- Manage relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Apply PH&R, where applicable, to the reception of raw materials
- Participate in the GMP audit and BBS programs; act as liaison for the laboratory component of the Internal Cross and LRQA Audits; implement corrective actions
- Manage HSE requirements within the factory lab
- Implement new methods and equipment as required
- Support daily analysis for finished product as required for root cause investigation
- Relevant tasks as delegated by Department Manager
- Manage the metrology of equipment in the factory lab and extrusion room
- Maintain laboratory equipment, calibration & perform area-related equipment first level maintenance
- Manage laboratory consumables and inventory to ensure uninterrupted service from the factory lab
- Collect, prepare, coordinate, and dispatch samples to ARL and external laboratories for analysis; acquire export shipping documents
- Achieve and maintain validation to support unloading functions as required
- Coordinate Ring Test participation and performance (KPI – Ring Test Score >95%)
- Manage the raw material retainer sample room
- To achieve these responsibilities, the Factory Lab Coordinator will be required to attend any training program as scheduled by company management and train any designated back up in the position.
In lieu of a degree, 2 years’ experience in a food manufacturing lab environment
Learning agility to learn lab testing methods
Knowledge of GMP and 5S practices
Experience in the food industry
Effective communication skills
Knowledge of basic chemistry and/or nutritional concepts
Computer experience (Word and Excel)
Full range of motion, correctable eyesight, correctable hearing, tolerance of environmental extremes (i.e. hot & cold), lifting up to 75lbs maximum
Successful Completion of a drug and background screen
Company paid relocation is not available for this role.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.