Pharmacy Technician OP - Grade 360 at Kaiser Permanente
Posted in Other 16 days ago.
Location: Sacramento, California
Description: Under the direction of a licensed Pharmacist, may perform packaging, manipulative, repetitive, and other non-discretionary tasks, including removing drugs from stock; counting, pouring, or mixing pharmaceuticals; placing product into a container; affixing label(s) onto container; packaging and repackaging.
- Performs packaging, manipulative, repetitive, and other non-discretionary tasks.
- Removes drugs from stock.
- Counts, pours and mixes pharmaceuticals.
- Places products in container and affixes labels onto containers.
- Performs packaging and repackaging tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma/GED.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current CA Pharmacy Technician Registration.
- Must be able to either type 30 WPM or 6,000 KPH.
- Requires successful completion of the Outpatient Pharmacy Technician qualifying exam.
- Candidate must complete the Kaiser Outpatient Pharmacy Technician Training Program and pass the test no later than 60 days after start date.
- Working knowledge of current drug forms, dosage strengths, and generic & trade name, and traditional equivalents.
- Knowledge of Federal & State laws/regulations regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services.
- Ability to read, understand and transcribe pharmaceutical information.
- Must possess verbal and written English-speaking communication skills.
- Ability to learn and operate pharmacy computer system and other equipment.
- Must be able to learn and operate pharmacy computer system and other equipment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time with frequent bending/stooping/lifting or reaching.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Three (3) years ofexperience preferred.
Skills Testing*: Type 30 WPM or 6,000 KPH and Pharmacy Technician Exam
*If it is determined that you need to complete testing to qualify for this position, you will receive an email inviting you to take the assessment(s) listed above. Passing test scores remain on file for one year.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente's code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures. Kaiser Permanente is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
INTERNAL POSTING PERIOD: Starts 12:00AM 11/01/2017 - Ends 12:00AM 11/08/2017
Primary Location: California,Sacramento,S. Sacramento Wyndham Medical Offices 7300 Wyndham Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0 Shift: Evening Workdays: On-Call Working Hours Start: On-Call Working Hours End: On-Call Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: United Healthcare Workers - West Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Pharmacy Specialty: Pharmacy Technician Department: South Sacramento Wyndham Pharmacy Travel: No