Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sacramento, California
Position Title: Sales Specialist, Vaccines (Adult) - San Francisco
Working Location: California
Employment Status: Full time
Required Experience: 2 years
Required Education: Bachelors
Travel Required: 60%
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing close to 100,000 people globally, we have 87 manufacturing sites around the world.
Our pharmaceuticals business researches, develops and makes available medicines that treat a variety of serious and chronic diseases. We have medicines available or in development in a wide range of areas including:
•Asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
The GSK vaccines business is one of the largest in the world, providing more than 30 pediatric, adolescent, adult, and travel vaccines worldwide. GSK’s vaccine heritage spans more than 100 years, beginning in 1882 with the manufacturing of smallpox vaccine. Vaccination is the most effective health intervention after clean water, preventing millions of deaths from infectious disease around the world every year. In the US, vaccination rates remain low among adults for vaccine-preventable diseases. Our ambition is to be a trusted partner in increasing immunization rates and protecting against vaccine-preventable diseases.
Click here to find out how you can help people do more, feel better and live longer!
The dynamic role of the sales professional will include the following responsibilities:
• The Sales Professional will develop and maintain specialized expertise in vaccine therapeutic areas, products and markets
• Demonstrate knowledge of GSK vaccines, competitive products and GSK promotional strategies and objectives in a way that meets customer needs
• Demonstrate high-level selling and marketing skills, including account-based selling, strategic thinking, drive for results, and the ability to ask for the business
• Demonstrate the ability to provide value to each targeted account through proper blending of scientific differentiation & service based upon each account’s individual needs
• Demonstrate the ability to understand and effectively communicate managed care trends and status
• Demonstrate the ability to manage the clinic to pharmacy referral patterns and engage in pharmacy pull through and support as appropriate
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively follow and use the vaccines sales process in a way that engages customers and ultimately leads to vaccines purchase
• Collaborate with Vaccines partners, including PAMs, to help pull through GSK Vaccine doses
4 year BA/BS degree from an accredited institution
Minimum 2 years business-to-business or pharma sales experience
Ability to travel domestically as necessary
Valid driver’s license
Must be able and willing to drive or operate a vehicle – driving is an essential function of this role
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.