Sterling Commerce Consultant at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
· Ability to understand business requirements and map them into Sterling product.
· Own the design and delivery of modules
· Work with the offshore team and facilitate the design and build of the modules they are
· Build, unit test and review code and configuration
Has a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with specialization in Computer Science/Electrical and Electronics/Information Technology
Should have more than 5 years of total Sterling OMS experience, and overall 10+ years.
Understand and have an Ability to:
· Configure the system parameters to get the designed flow behavior
· Ability to understand the functional document given by the functional consultant and design the product extensions, and configurations
Ability to prepare the HLD and LLD for the customizations required by the solution
Science / Engineering Graduate
• Participate in requirement gathering JAD sessions and support documentation where applicable (business, functional, UI, usability, data, compliance, data migration, NFR, 3rd party tools & products).
• Raise queries and get query resolution on areas which are unclear, ambiguous and which need more information to the Technology Lead.
Resource/ Efforts Estimation and Monitoring:
• Understand how the estimation (effort, size etc) is done at task level in the area of work concerned, measure and report the actual effort against the estimated effort and ensure task progress reporting in C20 or any other applicable tool.
Design & Analysis:
• Create the HL Design and detailed design document with the support of architects for the assigned scope.
• Review all deliverables created by the Developer.
• Study non functional requirements and design for NFR as required.
• Understand the interdependencies of the various components in work packages being developed.
• Create detailed design and assign to developer.
• provide input to the Project Manager / Technical Lead to create the project plan from a technical perspective.
• support development of proof of concept as designed by Designer / Solution Architect.
• initiate development environment setup.
• Provide demo to customer for early feedback.
• create quality check points for all deliverables.
• Develop tier coding, business layer coding, interface development, service development, creation of stored procedures, etc as applicable for the work package / project.
• CTS and customer spectific coding coding standards, guidelines and best practices.
• Understand the database concepts and write efficient queries.
• raise clarifications / issues / concerns regarding work output to the lead.
• Seek review from peer / technical lead periodically.
• participate in setup activities for required environment setup.
• deploy code build in testing environment.
• conduct peer review during design, coding and testing.
• Complete documentation as per the scope.
• prepare guidelines and checklist for development and testing activities.
• Provide feedback to design team.
• share feedback with developers to check if code is as per requirements.
• Incorporate changes as per feedback.
• provide necessary and timely status updates to the Supervisor / Technical Lead.
• Highlight any potential risks to the leads.
• Update traceability matrix for the work package developed.
• mentor the Developers to help them solve technical difficulties in the course of coding.
• Follow the SCM policies set for project.
• raise clarifications / issues / concerns regarding work output to the lead on time.
• provide necessary and timely status updates to the Supervisor / Technical Lead.
• Proactively highlight any potential risks to the lead.
• provide support on process audit activities.
• adhere to process and tools (usage of cognizant 20, awareness of Quality Management System).
• Develop comprehensive unit testing cases and unit test plans.
• conduct comprehensive unit testing.
• create unit test logs.
• Prepare and support in preparation of unit test strategy.
• plan document and data requirements.
• automate unit testing and contribute to automation of unit testing.
• Conduct peer review of unit test cases.
• perform developer integration testing by integrating the components.
• Review test cases as prepared by the Developer.
• Participate in defect triage meetings.
• conduct RCA for defects identified.
• Rework on the code based on review comments from code review / defects raised in unit testing, peer testing, SIT, UAT testing or any other relevant testing phases.
• Assist in transition of knowledge and to support organization with any defects raised post production as required.
Process Improvements and Adherence:
• Participate in innovation sessions.
• implement process improvements to reduce manual intervention (eg automation).
• support on process audit activities.
• Generate ideas to provide valueadd and share the same with the Technical Lead.
• Adhere to process and tools (usage of cognizant 20, awareness of Quality Management System, IDE etc).
• Contribute towards updating knowledge assets, user manual, online help document, installation manual / scripts.
• Conduct knowledge transfer sessions for new joiners in the project team.
• conduct training through academy (if approved).
• Guide and mentor team junior members from a technical perspective to ensure quality delivery of the components.
• contribute / search / reuse all types of assets from repository.
• Engage with team.
• resolve / conflict management within team.
• conduct internal trainings for developers within team.
|SNo||Primary Skill||Proficiency Level *||Rqrd./Dsrd.|
|1||Sterling-Store Order Mgmt||NA||Required|
|2||Advance Order management||NA||Desired|
|SNo||Functional Competency||Functional Skills||Proficiency Level *|
|2||Design Pattern-Tools & Princ.||ETL Concepts and Principles||NA|
|3||Design Pattern-Tools & Princ.||BI and OLAP concepts & Princ.||NA|
|4||Design Pattern-Tools & Princ.||Datawarehousing Concepts||NA|
|5||Design Pattern-Tools & Princ.||Software Design Concepts||NA|
|6||Software Development Processes||Product Lifecycle Management||NA|
|7||Software Development Processes||SDLC Details||NA|
|8||Software Development Processes||SDLC Overview||NA|
|9||Estimation & Resource Planning||PBI estimation||NA|
|10||Estimation & Resource Planning||Estimation in Agile||NA|
|11||Estimation & Resource Planning||Activity Sequencing||NA|
|12||Estimation & Resource Planning||Activity Definition||NA|
|13||Estimation & Resource Planning||Resourcing||NA|
|14||Estimation & Resource Planning||Scheduling||NA|
|15||Estimation & Resource Planning||Estimation||NA|
|16||Estimation & Resource Planning||Resource Planning||NA|
|18||Test & Defect Management||Test Defect Management Metric||NA|
|19||Test & Defect Management||Defect Reports||NA|
|20||Test & Defect Management||Defect Analysis||NA|
|21||Test & Defect Management||High Maturity Processes||NA|
|22||Test & Defect Management||Test Execution||NA|
|23||Test & Defect Management||Test Design||NA|
|24||Test & Defect Management||Testing Process||NA|
|25||Test & Defect Management||Test Strategizing||NA|
|26||Test & Defect Management||Defect Life Cycle Process||NA|
|27||Test & Defect Management||Test planning||NA|
|28||Test & Defect Management||Defect Prevention||NA|
|29||Release Mgmt-ProcessTool&Tech||CM Tools & Techniques||NA|
|30||Configuration Management||CM Tools & Techniques||NA|
|31||Knowledge Management||Planning Knowledge Management||NA|
|32||Knowledge Management||Knowledge Mgmt Process & Tools||NA|
|33||Requirements Management||Strategy Analysis||NA|
|34||Requirements Management||Requirement Management Tools||NA|
|35||Requirements Management||Reqm-Business Case Analysis||NA|
|36||Requirements Management||Requirements Understanding||NA|
|37||Requirements Management||Requirement Analysis||NA|
|38||Requirements Management||Scope Verification||NA|
|39||Requirements Management||Scope Definition||NA|
|40||Requirements Management||Scope Control||NA|
|41||Requirements Management||Requirements Verification||NA|
|42||Requirements Management||Requirements Modeling||NA|
|43||Requirements Management||Change Readiness Assessment||NA|
|44||Requirements Management||Capability Analysis||NA|
|45||Requirements Management||Requirements Elicitation||NA|
|46||Project Management||T&M to MS Framework||NA|
|47||Project Management||Risk Identification & Trckg||NA|
|48||Project Management||Program Contract Management||NA|
|49||Project Management||Business Case Preparation||NA|
|50||Project Management||PM Tools||NA|
|52||Project Management||Account & Project Management||NA|
|53||Project Management||Planing-Business Case Analysis||NA|
|54||Project Management||Planning Knowledge Management||NA|
|55||Project Management||Test Defect Management Metric||NA|
|56||Project Management||Agile Tools||NA|
|57||Project Management||Solution Analysis||NA|
|58||Project Management||Operations & Process Mgmt||NA|
|59||Project Management||High Maturity Processes||NA|
|60||Project Management||Knowledge Mgmt Process & Tools||NA|
|61||Project Management||CM Tools & Techniques||NA|
|62||Project Management||Value-adds & Best practices||NA|
|63||Project Management||Pricing types||NA|
|64||Project Management||Planning Process||NA|
|65||Project Management||Financial Planning||NA|
|66||Project Management||Stakeholder communication||NA|
|67||Project Management||Stakeholder Identification||NA|
|68||Project Management||Scope Definition||NA|
|69||Project Management||Risk Response||NA|
|70||Project Management||Risk Reassessment||NA|
|71||Project Management||Risk Planning||NA|
|72||Project Management||Quantitative Risk Analysis||NA|
|73||Project Management||Qualitative Risk Analysis||NA|
|74||Project Management||Development methodologies||NA|
|75||Project Management||Delivery Excellence||NA|
|76||Project Management||Cost Control||NA|
|77||Project Management||Activity Sequencing||NA|
|78||Project Management||Activity Definition||NA|
|79||Project Management||Project Closure||NA|
|80||Project Management||Application Lifecycle Mgmt||NA|
|82||Project Management||Lean Six Sigma||NA|
|84||Project Management||Financial management||NA|
|85||Project Management||Account Management||NA|
|86||Project Management||Project Execution & Control||NA|
|88||Project Management||Quality Management||NA|
|89||Project Management||Resource Planning||NA|
|90||Project Management||Procurement Management||NA|
|SNo||Primary Skill||Proficiency Level *|
|1||Build Collaborative Relations||NA|
* Proficiency Legends
|Proficiency Level||Generic Reference|
|PL1||The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.|
|PL2||The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.|
|PL3||The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.|
|PL4||The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.|