Mechanical Engineering Student (Macon) at Clark Nexsen
Posted in Engineering 10 days ago.
Location: Macon, Georgia
Position Open: February 9,
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen, Inc.
Must apply online through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Clark Nexsen is a national architecture and engineering firm focused on creating innovative design solutions for U.S. and global clients. We are passionate about our work and are prominently ranked on numerous industry lists. Building Design + Construction ranks Clark Nexsen as a Top 20 architecture and engineering firm and we have been named to the Architect 50 list of top U.S. firms for the past four years. Our culture supports the pursuit of excellence to engage and inspire the best professionals.
Our firm is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, with 450 employees in office locations in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, and Texas. We offer outstanding compensation, benefits, and growth opportunities in a positive work environment. We believe we can create a better world through our work. Giving back is also a guiding philosophy. As a company and as individuals, we proudly volunteer and give back to the surrounding communities where we live and work.
We seek to hire a Mechanical Engineering Student in our Macon, GA office beginning summer 2018 and continuing on a part-time basis in the fall. This position will perform special project assignments and participate in project design and documentation. Our mechanical department specializes in the design and analysis of high performance heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems and energy efficiency measures for the built environment.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Performing various aspects of discipline design as directed by a senior or lead Engineer including conceptual studies, program requirements, design analyses, calculations, systems selection and layout for building design
· Preparation of building design documents as directed
· Preparation of marketing and presentation materials as directed
· Researching emerging technologies and design trends related to building mechanical engineering
· Performing various services associated with the construction phase, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings as directed
· Complying with quality control policies and procedures
· Learning and implementing department and company standards
· Develop analysis and design skills
· Participating in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members
· Working with, responding to, and taking direction from Project Managers, Design Managers, Senior Architects, Senior Engineers, Architects or Engineers
Currently enrolled as a full-time student in an ABET accredited program and have completed at least their second year of study in one of the following programs:
· Mechanical Engineering
· Mechanical Engineering Technology
· Architectural Engineering (mechanical engineering focus)
· Energy Engineering
Applicant should be able to effectively utilize basic Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Familiarity with any of the following software is highly desirable:
· AutoCAD MEP
· Autodesk Revit
· Building heating/cooling load calculation software such as Trane Trace or Carrier HAP
· Building energy modeling software such as Trane Trace, IES-VE, eQuest, Energy Plus
One previous architectural or engineering internship or similar relevant work experience is preferred.
· Ability to arrange housing for the period of employment
· Ability to prepare effective and concise documents
· Possess technical precision and creative design skills
· Ability to make presentations to a variety of groups
· Display abilities to work well with others in a team environment