Tax Analyst - State Tax at XPO Logistics, Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Logistics done differently.
Staying on top of the complex and ever-changing tax regulations is a challenge you enjoy. As the Tax Analyst, you will ensure XPO Logistics is compliant with all Federal, State, and local income tax requirements, including all returns, required payments, and audit verification. At XPO, you will play a critical role in our long-term success, while building a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Assist in the reporting of income taxes on the public financial report
- Research Federal, State, and local income tax filing requirements; present conclusions on routine to moderately complex issues to management
- Gather and analyze data to support Federal, State, and local provisions and returns
- Prepare complex Federal, State, and local tax provisions, returns, work papers, extensions, and estimated payments; work to minimize XPO’s overall tax burden
- Research legal, regulatory, and operating issues; identify areas of concern and provide management with possible solutions
- Provide analysis and reporting on state impact of IRS audits
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance3 years of professional working experience in a publicly-traded, corporate income tax department, or the tax department of a large CPA firm
- Experience conducting tax research using internet and other published sources
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local tax laws, including tax laws governing the computation and apportionment of taxable income, tax credits, compliance, GAAP, and Sarbanes-Oxley rules pertaining to the reporting of income taxes and financial modeling
- Experience working with regulatory agencies, tax reviewers, state, local, and independent auditors, lawyers, support peers, end users, and all levels of corporate management
- Experience communicating complex tax concepts to individuals with little or no tax background
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Oracle or similar ERP systems, HFM, and OneSource Software or similar tax preparation software
It’d be great if you also have:
- Master’s in Taxation or a JD
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.